White Castle Employees Relocate into New HQ Building
Employees at White Castle’s corporate offices have officially moved into their new digs at 555 Edgar Waldo Way, directly next door to their old offices at 555 West Goodale Street. The new 105,000 square foot building features an open office floorplan and plenty of natural light — two things that the company’s original 1934 building lacked.
Additional building amenities include a large ground-floor company cafe (which includes White Castle menu items as well as off-the-menu additions like salads, fruit and snacks), a lobby filled with historic items and White Castle merchandise, and a two-story functional spiral slide that lets employees take an express route for fun.
The office building is the anchor for the larger 18-acre development known as The Reach on Goodale. Once completed, The Reach will include an additional 66,000 square foot office building, a 21,000 square foot event center, 244 apartment units divided into multiple buildings, a structured parking deck and a central greenspace. The demolition of the original White Castle HQ is expected to begin sometime in the next several weeks while the first residences on site are expecting units delivered sometime in Spring 2020.
Interiors were designed by M+A Architects while exteriors were designed by Architectural Alliance with landscaping by POD Design.
All photos by Walker Evans.