Three New Buildings to Fill Large Block at Grandview Yard
Work has begun on the next three buildings at Grandview Yard. The new buildings will fill out the largest still-undeveloped block within the 125-acre project.
Two apartment buildings and a three-story office building will be constructed on seven and a half acres of land east of Yard Street and in between Williams and Burr avenues.
The office building will be called 840 Yard Street and will contain 88,000 square feet of space. The two residential buildings – to be called Kipton South and Kipton North – will each be four stories tall and hold a total of 223 units.
Carli Lanfersiek, Marketing Director at Nationwide Realty Investors (NRI), provided the latest update on the new additions. She also said that a two-story office building at 950 Goodale Blvd. is nearly complete. E.L. Robinson Engineering, VanTrust and Carlile Patch & Murphy have signed on to occupy the 34,000 square foot building.
Here are some more stats on the overall development, provided by NRI:
- About 1.2 million square feet of commercial space has been completed.
- With the completion of the two Kipton buildings, the project will hold about 1,250 multifamily units.
- Including Wagenbrenner Development’s Homes on Pullman Way, new single family houses by M/I Homes and NRI’s 828 at the Yard condos, the total number of residences stands at about 1,450.
- Also included within the development are two hotels (the 126-room Hyatt Place and the 135-room Courtyard by Marriott) and the 13,000-square-foot Grand Event Center.
- NRI estimates its total investment so far in the project is $520 million. At completion that number is projected to be $800 million.
- Total public infrastructure investment – $152 million to date, $175 million at completion.