The List: Top 10 Dangerous Intersections in Central Ohio
If you’re going to be involved in a car crash in Columbus, it’s most likely to happen on a high-capacity arterial road. Streets including Cleveland Avenue, Morse Road, Broad Street, James Road and Dublin-Granville Road have continued to dominate the annual chart released by the Mid Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC) of high-crash intersections.
Many of the intersections in the Top 100 list of 2018 (using data collected from 2015-2017) are centered in the northeast, far east and southwest communities, which include portions of Linden, Minerva Park, Reynoldsburg, Whitehall, Eastland and Hilltop.
The Top 10 High-Crash Intersections of 2018:
- Dublin Granville Road/SR 161 @ Maple Canyon Drive
- Broad Street/SR 16 @ James Road
- E Livingston Avenue @ Hamilton Road/SR 317
- Morse Road @ Karl Road
- Hilliard Rome Road @ Renner Road
- Frank Road/SR 104/Refugee Road @ Winchester Pike
- Cleveland Avenue @ Dublin Granville Road/SR 161
- Broad Street/SR 16 @ Lancaster Avenue/Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road
- E Livingston Avenue @ Brice Road
- Cleveland Avenue @ Innis Road
MORPC Director of Planning & Environment Kerstin Carr noted that the overall volume of crashes has increased over the past year, which should come as little surprise in a region growing as quickly as Columbus.
“Our local governments are always trying to figure out how engineering solutions can make our roadways safer, but data suggests unsafe behaviors like distracted driving, not wearing your seat belt, or speeding, most often lead to serious injuries or fatalities in a crash,” stated Carr.
For more information on the Top 100 intersections, CLICK HERE (PDF).
To view an interactive map of high-crash intersections, CLICK HERE.