The List: 13 Most Endangered Buildings in Columbus
The Columbus Landmarks Foundation announced yesterday their first ever Most Endangered Buildings List, which features 13 historic structures in Central Ohio that are in danger of being demolished. The organization created the list to raise awareness about the status of these buildings and sites in hopes of preserving them and the character that they contribute to the community.
The list includes:
- Port Columbus Airport Control Tower — Located at 4920 East Fifth Avenue, built in 1920.
- Clinton Avenue School Annex — Located at 10 Clinton Heights Avenue, built in 1895.
- Elam Drake Farm — Located at 2738 Ole Country Lane, built in the 1850s.
- Gunning House — Located at 7495 East Broad Street, built in 1940.
- Veterans Memorial — Located at 300 West Broad Street, built in 1955.
- Indianola Junior (Middle) High School — Located at 420 East 19th Avenue, built in 1909.
- Dam Tender’s House at Griggs Reservoir — Located at 2933 Riverside Drive, built in 1816.
- Engine House #14 — Located at 1716 South Parsons Avenue, built in the 19th century.
- Bellows Avenue Elementary — Located at 725 Bellows, built in 1905.
- Columbus Railway Power and Light Company Building — Located at 838 Cleveland Avenue, built in 1915.
- O’Shaughnessy Funeral Home — Located at 405 East Town Street, built in 1853.
- Municipal Light Plant — Located at 589 Dublin Road, built in 1903.
- Near East Side Trolley Barns — Located at 1600 Oak Street, built between 1880 and 1920.
For more information about each of these 13 buildings and sites, visit www.columbuslandmarks.org.