Six New Downtown Apartment Buildings Now Open
Six new apartment developments are now open Downtown; several recently welcomed their first tenants and the others are scheduled to do so soon.
Move-in specials and other enticements are advertised on the projects’ websites, as are options for virtual tours and other ways of safely viewing the properties at a time when many are still wary of prolonged in-person interactions.
Not included in this list is the four-story Residences at Topiary Park, which was set to open this summer before sustaining significant damage from a fire set on May 31.
Read on for information on each of the new developments.
- Harlow on Main (195 E. Main St.) – This six-story building with the diagonal design painted on its side holds 98 apartments, in addition to restaurant space on the ground floor. Prices range from $899 a month for a 400-square-foot studio, to $1,150 for a larger one-bedroom unit.
- Industry Columbus (230 E. Long St.) – With a total of 234 apartments, this project is the largest of the new batch. It also boasts a 205-space garage and 4,400 square feet of space for a restaurant or retail tenant. The first tenants have moved in, but work will likely continue on some of the amenity spaces through the end of June. Studio apartments in the building start at $1,150, one-bedrooms at $1,400 and two-bedrooms at $2,200.
- Library Park Apartments (383 Oak St.) – Although work continues on the five-story, new-build component of the this project, units are available now in the four renovated buildings closest to Grant Avenue (the former Grant Oak Apartments). The renovated studios start at $924 a month, with larger one-bedrooms priced at $1,270. New apartments are scheduled to come online October 1.
- Microliving at Long and Front (43 W. Long St.) – This cluster of renovated buildings across from the Downtown YMCA will see its first tenants move in later this month. It features a total of 37 units, ranging from 306-square-foot studios that rent for $899 a month to larger one-bedrooms priced at $1,450.
- The Pierce (321 E. Capital St.) – This 93-unit apartment building contains a 93-space parking garage and features a distinctive red exterior. Rents start at $1,120 a month for a 749-square-foot one-bedroom and go up to just over $2,000 for a 979-square-foot, two-bedroom apartment.
- Xander on State (265 E. State St.)– This five-story building contains 220 apartments over ground-floor retail space. Available units range from a 429-square-foot studio for $995 a month, to a much larger (1,089 square feet) two-bedroom, two-bath unit for $1,995.
All photos by Walker Evans.