Restaurant Roundup: Summer Menus & June SummaryJuly 9, 2014 9:36 am Ayana Wilson
New Summer Menus
Wolf’s Ridge Brewing
Executive Chef, Seth Lassak, has created a summer menu at Wolf’s Ridge Brewing that’s tropically-inspired and sophisticated. Guests can stop in to try the Chilled Curried Carrot Soup or Scallop Crudo for starters, and Blackened Catfish, with black bean purée, jicama slaw, and hush puppies, Jambalaya, and Thai Snapper, served with pineapple salsa and cilantro rice, as a main course. There’s also a new menu for brunch as well. Smoked Trout, Corn Salsa Stuffed Omelet, and Confit Pig Cheeks (which is also on the small plate menu as well) are now available, in addition to the Doughnuts and Toad in the Hole guests crave. Wolf’s Ridge Brewing is located at 215 North Fourth Street. See their new menus at www.wolfsridgebrewing.com.
Zoup! Fresh Soup Company
National soup chain restaurant, Zoup!, has introduced four new gazpacho soups for the summer season: Simply Gazpacho, an assortment of fresh vegetables in tomato juice with a dash of Tabasco, Southwest Bean, with corn, black beans, and southwestern spices, Savory Cucumber, fragrant vegetarian broth with cucumbers, vegetables, and fresh jalapeño, and Jalapeño 4-Pepper, a spicy blend of red and green chiles, jalapeños, and cucumber in tomato juice. These gazpachos are all under 70 calories, and have less than 2 grams of fat per 8 ounce serving. There’s also no cholesterol or trans-fats in these new soups, which are jam-packed with raw vegetables for fiber and vitamins. Zoup! will offer at least two of these soups daily. For a longer look at these gazpachos, visit www.zoup.com. There are two Zoup! locations in Columbus at 41 South High Street, and 522 Polaris Parkway.
101 Beer Kitchen
The new summer menu at 101 Beer Kitchen is a winning mix of old favorites and new classics. The Strawberry Spinach Salad is summer personified, while the Georgia Peach Pizza is an inspired and delicious take on the flatbread. The Kahlua Pulled Pork, served with roasted pineapple tomato relish and apple & blue cheese coleslaw, is a tasty homage to Hawaii’s favorite meat dish, and even the Grilled New York Strip, with whipped jalapeño potatoes, smoked tomato salad, and chimichurri sauce, makes for a satisfying summer dinner. 101 Beer Kitchen, located at 7509 Sawmill Road, is open for lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch. For a longer look at the new menu, visit www.101beerkitchen.com.
- Fin opened on the 2nd at 122 South High Street. Their hours of operation are Monday-Thursday, 10:30am – 10pm, Friday, 10:30am – midnight, Saturday, 4pm – midnight, and Sunday, 4pm – 10pm.
- Harrison’s on Kenny opened on the 2nd at 4510 Kenny Road. They are open Monday-Sunday, 11am – 2:30am.
- Genghis Grill opened on the 2nd at 8742 Sancus Boulevard. They serve lunch and dinner Sunday-Thursday, 11am -9:30pm, and Friday-Saturday, 11am – 10:30pm.
- Hinkley’s Restaurant opened on the 4th at 318 East Fifth Street in Marysville. They open at 4pm Tuesday-Saturday. They are closed on Sundays & Mondays.
- Sweet Bessie opened on the 5th at 48 West Columbus Street in Mount Sterling. They are currently open 7am – 11am, Wednesday-Saturday.
- Kraft House No. 5 opened on the 6th at 5, South Liberty Street in Powell. Their hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 11am – 11pm, and Saturday-Sunday, 10am – midnight.
- En Place Food Truck launched on the 8th at Clintonville Outfitters, 2864 North High Street. This will be their usual spot. Their hours of operation and other locations vary.
- Firebirds Grill opened on the 16th at 8760 Sancus Boulevard. Their hours of operation are Sunday-Thursday, 11am – 10pm, and Friday-Saturday, 11am – 11pm.
- Oliver’s opened on the 16th at 26, North High Street. Their hours of operation are Monday-Thursday, 10:30am – 10pm, Friday, 10:30am – midnight, Saturday, 4pm – midnight, and Sunday, 4pm – 10pm.
- Cuco’s Taqueria launched their food truck on the 22nd. Their hours of operation and locations vary.
- Jailhouse Rock opened on the 25th at 944 North Fourth Street. They serve dinner Tuesday-Thursday, 5pm – midnight, and Friday-Saturday, 5pm – 2am.
- B-Spot opened on the 26th at 5091 Hamilton Road. Their hours of operation are Monday–Thursday, 11:30am–10:30pm, Friday-Saturday, 11:30am – 11am, and Sunday, 11:30am–9pm.
- Chez du Bon closed on the 1st at 122 South High Street. It was open less than a year.
- Cuzzins Yogurt closed their 4 Columbus locations in the month of June. They were located on campus, at 1868 North High Street, in Lewis Center, at 8605 Columbus Pike, in Hilliard, at 3870 Main Street, and in Upper Arlington, at the Shops on Lane.
- Two Fish Bistro & Red Bar closed on the 22nd at 721 North High Street. The restaurants were open 3 years.