Restaurant Roundup: News from Au Bon Pain, BrewDog, and moreAugust 24, 2017 9:00 am Lauren Sega
Columbus always has many new restaurants, expansions, menu updates and other changes, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up with everything. That’s why our Restaurant Roundup series was designed to keep you informed with the latest and greatest updates. Here’s what’s new in the local dining scene:
BRAVO Cucina Italiana
BRAVO is celebrating its 25th anniversary. The celebration includes special offers, events, and a social media contest.
For a limited time (now through September 5), guests can enjoy some special entrees, including their grilled Portobello mushroom, pasta sampler trio, the mixed grille, which comes with two 2 oz. beef medallions over a Romano crusted tomato with house-made hollandaise, and their herb marinated chicken breast with lemon caper butter. To finish it off, they’re offering a cookies and cream confetti cake, layered with a chocolate cookie cream, vanilla bean gelato, and chocolate drizzle.
A Facebook contest kicked off on August 8 and lasts until September 3, where people can win one of a number of prizes. Guests can have access to in-restaurant scratch-offs, specially-priced promotions, and the option to round up their bill to the next desired increment to donate to their Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign.
On Sundays through Thursdays, BRAVO will also offer $49 family bundles serving four to five people.
Au Bon Pain
Au Bon Pain will welcome the fall season with a new menu. Debuting August 29 — and ending on November 6 — their autumn menu will feature the following items:
- Bonte Cristo Sandwich, with whole turkey breast, ham, swiss and maple pumpkin butter piled high on a warm croissant.
- Pumpkin Croissant, a flaky croissant with pumpkin filling, topped with cinnamon sugar.
- Pumpkin Pie Bon Tart, a freshly baked pastry with spiced, real pumpkin filling, topped with white icing and cinnamon.
- Plain Bagel with Maple Pumpkin Butter & Lite Cream Cheese, which combines their classic bagel with maple pumpkin butter spread on one half and lite cream cheese on the other.
- Pumpkin Pie Latte, a rich espresso blended with pumpkin pie spice, topped with frothed milk and dusted with cinnamon (served hot or iced).
- Butternut Squash & Apple Soup, blending butternut squash, golden pumpkin and apple purees simmered in a vegetarian velouté with sweet cream, maple syrup and rosemary.
- Turkey, Kale & Wild Rice Soup, a hearty soup made with pulled turkey, wild rice and kale simmered with carrots, onions and celery in a creamy turkey stock.
- Cranberry Orange Muffin, a sweet orange muffin with cranberries, topped with sanding sugar.
- Apple Danish, danish pastry topped with fresh apple preserves.
Along with the debut of its fall menu, Au Bon Pain is launching its second annual fundraiser for No Kid Hungry. From August 29 to September 18, guests who donate $1 to No Kid Hungry will receive a voucher for one free pastry during their next visit. The voucher is valid through October 30.
The Scottish brewery will celebrate its grand opening this Sunday, August 27 at the BrewDog Columbus facility at 96 Gender Rd. in Canal Winchester.
Running from 12 to 10 p.m., the free event will feature a range of live music, beer, street food and a fireworks show at 8:30 p.m. Ohio-brewed Punk IPA, Dead Pony Club, Jet Black Heart, Five AM Saint and Jack Hammer will be on tap along with secret small batch BrewDog beers that were flown in from their Ellon brewhouse in Scotland.
In addition to their own brews, BrewDog will be serving Ohio craft beer from Rhinegeist, Land Grant and Platform Brewing. Attendees can tour BrewDog’s USA brewing facility.
The celebration will include performances by Rachel Baiman, The Floorwalkers, Doc Robinson, and Twin Atlantic. Sunnyside Tacos, Ninja Bowl the Burrito Bus will be there serving food as well.
To reserve a spot, click here.
Ill Mannered Brewing Company
The brewing company will celebrate its second anniversary this Saturday, August 26 at their location in Powell. The brewery will release six special tappings throughout the day along with other fan favorites from the last two years.
“Our first two years have been a wild ride and we are only just getting started,” said Tom Ayers, Ill Mannered Head Brewer, in a press release. “Year three will be our biggest yet! We couldn’t have made it this far without the amazing support of our local beer drinkers and a genuinely collaborative spirit of our fellow brewers.”
For more room, Ill Mannered will spread out into Mojo TaGo’s space next door, taking over their taps and presenting a food menu.
Beers on draft will include their Rustic Ohio All Ohio Pale Ale, Participation Trophy New England IPA, 2016 Barrel Aged Tremendous Slouch Wee Heavy, 2016 Subterfuge Russian Imperial Stout, 2016 Barrel Aged Subterfuge Russian Imperial Stout, and the 2017 Subterfuge Russian Imperial Stout. Other “fan favorites” will include Powell! Right in the Kisser IPA, Ill Manna Slamma Blonde Ale, and Palate Fatigue Double IPA, among others.
Learn more about the event on their Facebook page.
For upcoming local food and dining events, CLICK HERE to visit our Events Calendar.
Have any restaurant developments to share with us? Share in the comments below, or shoot us an email at [email protected].