Restaurant Roundup: New Brunches, Events & April SummaryApril 25, 2014 9:05 am Ayana Wilson
The Worthington Inn
On Sunday, April 27th, The Worthington Inn, located at 649 High Street, will unveil a new brunch concept. In lieu of the buffet which has been the calling card of the Inn, the restaurant will switch to an à la carte menu. Omelets, Scrambles, and Eggs Benedict made with free-range eggs, and locally-produced pork sausage and bacon will grace the new menu, in addition to a 15-topping Bloody Mary Bar. Buffets will be offered on holidays only.
The Worthington Inn is also launching their new Spring menu this weekend. Old favorites like Chilled Cucumber Soup are back, while new classics, like Morel Mushroom Risotto and Colorado Lamb Chops, are sure to please. For a complete look at these new menus, visit www.worthingtoninn.com.
La Scala Italian Bistro
Sunday Brunch comes to La Scala Italian Bistro, 4199 West Dublin-Granville Road, beginning this Sunday, April 27th. The Brunch Buffet will commence at 11am and run till 2pm, with last seating at 1:30pm. Featured items include Belgian Waffles with strawberries and mascarpone, Lasagna, Gourmet Salads, Chicken Marsala, Sausage & Peppers, and Assorted Desserts. Bloody Mary and Mimosa Stations will also be available. The cost of the buffet is $16 per person, with special pricing for holiday and occasion buffets. For a longer look at the menu, visit www.lascalaitalianbistro.com.
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year at the Columbus Commons with a special Taco Truck Food Court from 11am – 2pm. On hand to serve up delicious Mexican street food: Dos Hermanos Taco Truck, Taco Sherpa, Tortilla Street Food, Taco Petan, Junior’s Tacos, and Taco Tuzo. The Columbus Commons are located at 160 South High Street. For more, visit www.columbuscommons.org.
Zauber Brewing Company
Zauber Brewing Company, whose brewery and tap room sits at 909 West Fifth Avenue, will host a Maifest Celebration on Saturday, May 10th from 3pm – 8pm. Maifest, a traditionally German celebration hailing the arrival of Spring, will actually be held in the Goodwill parking lot next door to the brewery, and will feature beers from Zauber Brewing, as well as neighboring Four String Brewing and Sideswipe Brewing. Schmidt’s Sausage Haus, Jeni’s Ice-Cream, and Matt the Miller’s Tavern will provide food for the event, which will also have a May pole and live music. Admission is free to this family-friendly event, so for more information, visit www.zbeers.com.
The Hills Market Downtown
On Saturday, May 17th, The Hills Market Downtown, located at 95 North Grant Avenue, will host a night of interactive craft cocktail education with Speakeasy Kitchen. Seasonal hors d’oeuvres prepared by The Hills Market will be served as Grant Bain, Mr. Speakeasy Kitchen, leads a workshop where participants get to craft and sample six unique cocktails made with fresh-squeezed juices, scratch-made syrups, and aromatic bitters. This pop-up will run from 6pm – 9pm, and costs $60 per person. Class size is limited, so to make a reservation, visit www.thehillsmarket.com.
- Skyward Grille & Catering opened on the 1st at 2185 Riverside Drive. They are open Monday-Saturday, 10:30am – 9pm.
- Moe’s Original BBQ opened on the 1st at 128 East Broadway in Granville. Their hours of operation are Monday-Saturday, 11am – 9pm, and Sundays, noon – 8pm.
- Angry Wiener Food Truck launched on the 4th. Will regularly be at the Columbus Commons Food Truck Court beginning May 8th. Other hours of operation and locations vary.
- Mixing Bowl Asian Grill Food Truck launched on the 4th. Their hours of operation and locations vary.
- Homestead Beer Company relaunched their taproom on the 5th at 811 Irving Wick Drive West in Heath. They serve beer Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 3pm – 8pm.
- Hudson 29 officially opened on the 7th (soft opening on March 29th) at 1600 Lane Avenue. Their hours of operation are Monday-Thursday, 11:30am – 10pm, Friday-Saturday, 11:30am – 11pm, and Sunday, 11:30am – 9pm.
- Cici’s Pizza closed 4 stores in April: in Hilliard – 5426 Westpointe Plaza, in Gahanna – 1335 Stoneridge Drive, in Westerville – 714 North State Street, and in Dublin – 7048 Perimeter Loop Road (the Dublin location will be replaced with a LaRosa’s franchise). There are no more Cici’s Pizza locations in Columbus and its environs.