Proposed mixed-use re-development of “UCT Block”
I just found this info in the Feburary agenda of the VV Comission. Looks like Pizzuti is the applicant, which is a different company then originally announced.
THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE HEARD BEFORE 8:15PM
632 North Park Street (UCT Building)
Pizzuti (Applicant)/ Order of the United Commercial Travelers of America (Owner)
An application, aerial photos, and massing studies have been submitted.
• Proposed mixed-use re-development of “UCT Block”.
• 10-Story boutique hotel fronting High Street (160 rooms and 7000-sqft of retail).
• Parking garage (400-500 spaces).
• Office/residential building totaling 40,000-50,000 square feet; including 5,000-sqft of retail.
• Cultural Center located in Park Street portion of existing structure.
• Conversion of Russell Street to one-way (west).
• Improvements to Millay Alley for pedestrian friendly access between High and Park streets.
I wonder what kind of “Cultural Center” and where they are going to put 40-50K square feet of office/Residential space? A 10 Story hotel with 160 rooms will have 17-18 per floor on that small lot! I would be interested to see this.