Healthy Bites Preview: Native Cold Pressed
If there’s one major health food trend to really blow up in the past several years, it’s the consumption of cold-pressed juice. Native Cold Pressed was the first stand-alone cold pressed juice bar in Columbus, opening in the Short North in early 2014, and if you haven’t tried out their menu yet, a sampling will be available at the upcoming Healthy Bites event on Friday, July 29th at the Columbus Museum of Art.
All juices are 100 percent organic and raw. The sampling lineup at Healthy Bites includes:
- Pineapple Mango Lassi — coconut meat, coconut water, pineapple, mango, & live probiotics.
- Magic Milk — raw cashews, raw almonds, dates, filtered H2O, vanilla bean, sea salt, & blue “majik” algae.
- Spicy Beet — beet, pineapple, cucumber, habanero pepper, & grapefruit.
- Special Green — apple, cucumber, mint, kale, bok choy, ginger & lemon.
- Summer Nectar — watermelon, cucumber, mint & aloe.
- Zinger — Apple, ginger, & lemon.
Healthy Bites will take place from 6pm-9pm at the newly renovated Columbus Museum of Art. Advanced tickets are $30 and will include food samples, live entertainment, participatory yoga demos by Art of Yoga, admission to the current exhibits at The Columbus Museum of Art and a cash bar.
Featured food vendors include Fusian, Root 23, Pocket Produce, Gluten & Grain Free Gourmet, CoffeeFit Bar, Banana Leaf, Krazy Kraut, Zest Juice Co., Food for Good Thought, Snowville Creamery, Darista Dips, Native Cold Press, Acre and more to be announced before the event!
A portion of the proceeds from all ticket sales will be donated to The Godman Guild. The Columbus Underground Best Bites event series have collectively raised over $16,000 for local charities since August 2014, with a goal of raising $20,000 for local charities in 2016.
Healthy Bites is presented by The Ohio Poultry Association.