L.L. Bean Opens at Easton Town Center
L.L. Bean opens its second store in the Buckeye State today at Easton Town Center, just in time for the holidays.
Located at 4222 Easton Loop West, the 20,600-square-foot store features active and casual apparel and footwear for men and women, as well as lifestyle gear for a variety of outdoor activities, including camping, fly fishing, hiking, and kayaking.
The store will allow the people of Franklin County and beyond to experience first-hand everything that L.L. Bean has to offer, such as quality merchandise, a welcoming shopping environment, and a large roster of ongoing demonstrations and clinics on a number of outdoor topics, according to the company.
In fact, the grand opening celebration at Easton — which begins Friday, November 20 and ends Sunday, November 22 — will include a variety of family-friendly activities designed to get children excited about the great outdoors, as well as giveaways and photos with L.L. Bean’s famous Bootmobile (a mobile replica of its iconic Bean Boot).
Grand Opening Highlights:
- Friday: Free L.L. Bean gift cards worth up to $500 will be given to the first 200 customers to come through the door when the store opens at 9 a.m.
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday: Free fly casting lessons will be given by experts from L.L. Bean’s Outdoor Discovery Schools, slacklining, a Bean Boot toss game, outdoor gear and apparel technology demonstrations by GoPro and PrimaLoft, and more giveaways.
- Saturday and Sunday: Enter to win a trip to Maine for a family of four.
- Sunday: Kid’s Day, which includes live animal demonstrations, sweet treat giveaways, and hands-on activities and programs with local Boy and Girl Scout Troops.
- Grand Opening attendees will also be able to submit their name for a chance to win a print of an original painting commissioned by L.L. Bean in honor of the Columbus store.
The painting depicts the Marblehead Lighthouse on Lake Erie during winter. It will be on display at the store this weekend, and it will adorn the cover of L.L. Bean’s Christmas catalog, which is mailed to millions of customers worldwide.
The winner of the painting will be announced in December.
L.L. Bean began in 1912 as as a one-room operation selling a single product, the Maine Hunting Shoe. Today, the privately held, family-owned company carries hundreds of products in its catalog, website, and stores.
In recent years, the retailer has made considerable efforts to design apparel that appeals to modern consumers, resulting in its Traverse and L.L. Bean Signature collections.
The former features performance gear that doubles as street clothes, while the latter has updated items from the company’s archives.
The Columbus store is L.L. Bean’s second in Ohio (the other opened in Lyndhurst last week) and its 26th store outside of Maine (the company is based in Freeport).
L.L. Bean plans to have 100 full retail stores by 2020. To learn more, visit LLBean.com.
For more photos of the new store, CLICK HERE to view our full photo gallery.
All photos by Anna Maconachy.