Ibiza Site Changes Hands, New Project Planned
According to this article posted this evening on Dispatch.com, the locally infamous Ibiza condo development has officially come to an end. The site at Hubbard and High is now in the hands of Schiff Capital Group, who is planning a somewhat similar eight-to-ten story tower that would include a mix of office and residential units with ground-floor retail. No timeline for the project has been announced as of yet.
An abridged timeline of the Ibiza on High Condo Development:
- October 2006 – Project announced at Italian Village Society meeting with temporary name of “Urban Oasis”.
- April 2008 – Governor Strickland cut the ribbon at the Ibiza site to kick off construction.
- March 2009 – We interviewed Ibiza developer Rajesh Lahoti to answer concerns about the lack of progress on the project.
- January 2010 – Announcement that Ibiza would be converted from a condo development into an apartment development.
- March 29, 2011 – Ibiza development scrapped. Site changes hands to new developer.
One last rendering of the rooftop pool that was never meant to be: