Holiday Shopping Guide 2016 – Last-Minute Local Gifts
Welcome to Columbus Underground’s Holiday Shopping Guide! Over the next five weeks, we’ll give you lots of great gift ideas for everyone on your list. Thanks once again to Elm & Iron for being the presenting sponsor of our shopping guide. Make plans to stop by their Holiday Open House in Clintonville for special holiday sales and refreshments on Saturday, December 3, 2016, from 10am to 6pm.
1. Mollusca Shell Earrings, $33 a pair, by Lab Partners in Upper Arlington. The pattern on these earrings come from the Mollusc, or Mussel. You can find them at their store, inside of Swoonful Gifts at Igloo Letterpress, Urban Emporium, Craftin’ Outlaws, and Winterfair.
2. Lindsay Scypta ice cream bowls, $32 each at the Ohio Craft Museum.
3. License Plate Keychains, $8 each at Glean. Handmade! Choose from Ohio or out of state designs.
4. The “Anxiety Girl” Mug, design by Natalie Dee, $13.99 available online. “This is not enough coffee” 22-oz mug, $19. A huge mug (twice normal size!), with an original drawing by Toothpaste for Dinner on the other side, also available online. Make sure to order early to get it on time!
6. Thymes “Frasier Fir” candle, $20-80 at Bungalow Home in New Albany.
7. Stillhouse, a 100% clear corn American whiskey in a pretty stainless steel can. Multiple flavors, $27.99 in area Giant Eagle and Kroger stores.
9. Cutting Board, $100 by Rework Furnishings. Each of these cutting board purchases also provides $100 worth of food to the Mid Ohio Foodbank.
11. Mini Poinsettias, $8.95 each, available at the Botanica Gift Shop & Greenhouse inside of the Franklin Park Conservatory.
12. Specialty Tea Blends, prices vary, available at Stauf’s. Unique combinations can be made for flavor and health benefits.
14. Ohio Ornaments, $15 each. Handmade in the Megs LeVesseur Pottery studio in Columbus. Find them at Winterfair, Craftin’ Outlaws and at The Smithery.
15. Pre-Owned Chanel Large Boy Bag, $3,850 and Pre-Owned Tudor Pelagos, $3,325 at STORE 5a.
17. Ohio Nicknames Art Print, $15-$20 by Natterdoodle. Features the nicknames of Ohio’s most beloved cities in a handlettered rainbow watercolor. Find online or at Craftin’ Outlaws on December 10.
18. Handmade Ribbon Ornaments, $15 each. By local artist Beth Witt out of colorful ribbons from Indian Saris. Available at Fresh Crafts Gallery in Upper Arlington.
19. Assorted vintage cameras, $35-69 at Elm & Iron.
20. Quilted Leather Gloves, $32 and Crossbody Wristlet, $38 at Clover On High.
21. “Anita” – Medium Purple Hues Woven Wall Hanging, $164 from Sarah Harste Weavings. Find online or at Craftin’ Outlaws on December 10.
22. Audio Technica Fully Automatic Belt-Drive Turntable, Regularly $99, holiday sale price of $89 (11/22 – 12/22) at Spoonful Records.
Thank you for reading the Columbus Underground 2016 Holiday Shopping Guide, presented by Elm & Iron. Visit them at 3475 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214, in Clintonville. Every time you step inside their doors, you’ll be sure to find an eclectic collection of home furnishings, accessories, and décor. Stop by their Holiday Open House for special holiday sales and refreshments onSaturday, December 3, 2016, from 10am to 6pm. The event is free! For more information, visit elmandiron.com.