Holiday Shopping Guide 2017 – Over Twenty Local Gift Ideas
It’s that time of year again! If you are looking for the best gifts from local shops around Columbus with a few surprises here and there, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Every Friday through December 22, we’ll be showcasing great ideas for you to gift to your friends and family. The 2017 Holiday Shopping Guide is presented by Elm & Iron, visit them in Clintonville and Easton for an eclectic collection of home furnishings, accessories, and décor. Additional support is provided by Trapped Columbus. Enjoy your Black Friday hunts and Small Business Saturday deals this weekend!
1. Pop Culture Prayer Candles to help show your devotion to celebrities like Beyonce, Prince, David Bowie, Ellen Degeneres, and The Golden Girls, $16 each at Wholly Craft.
2. Tie Bar Socks offer a variety of colors and patterns making it the perfect stocking stuffer, $8 a pair at Pursuit.
3. Columbus Coordinate Pillow. Representing many of our favorite areas in and around Columbus OH including Clintonville, Powell, Short North and many more! Screen printed on a natural Cotton Canvas, approximately 20″ x 20″ with an envelope back, $49 at Elm & Iron.
4. The Columbus Book Project, coffee table books. $75 each for Reveal and Explore; or Immerse with the full set ($125). Pre-order for after Christmas arrival, or find at partner retailers beginning December 1st. ColumbusBookProject.com.
5. Alive Thanks to Caffeine Unisex T-shirt, $24 and Compromise Unisex T-shirt, hand printed tees, $24 at Alison Rose.
6. Titanium-Laced Crystal Barware by Crafthouse, $60 for a Set of 4. Crystal barware which is chip/break resistant and dishwasher safe. 4 styles to choose from Double Old Fashioned, Collins, Martini and Coupe. Find at SAMSON…A Men’s Emporium.
7. Carthusia Perfume, Fine fragrance from the island of Capri, based on an original formula developed in the 1300’s and popularized by Jackie O, $120 at On Paper.
8. The Partners Brief, $745. Tradition with a twist – an old-school concept in the classic old leather lawyer’s bag turned into curvy perfection with three large compartments. Bosca.com.
9. Bone & Horn Frame, with hand-placed pieces of bone and horn, $35.99 each at Fourth Home.
10. Design Your Own Butterfly Wings, Fabric wings come with fabric markers as glitter to customize! $20 at Piccadilly.
11. Mug and Coaster Set. Wake Create Sleep Repeat Ceramic mug with Igloo Letterpress and 8 letterpress coasters, $18 at Igloo Letterpress.
12. Euchre Playing Card Wood Box Set, 49.99 at Celebrate Local and Buckeye Crochet Basket w/Ohio Logo, $20 or $25 (Small or Large) at Celebrate Local.
13. Corolla Earrings, curved stud earrings etched in brass. Available in brass or oxidized brass, $40 each at The Smithery: artist made goods.
14. Leather Knitter’s/Crocheter’s Bracelets, $20 at Yarn It & Haberdashery. Mason-Dixon Knitting Field Guides, Little books that explore the big world of knitting, with patterns and stories to inspire. $14.95 each at Yarn It & Haberdashery.
15. Rock and Roll Sweatshirts. Warm and cozy band sweatshirts for your favorite rock and roll fan, $32 each at What the Rock?!.
16. Soy Candle Gift Pack, 4 different scented 2oz candles which burn for about 15 hours each. $23 or Buy 3 Get 1 Free, at The Candle Lab.
17. Pre-Owned Hermes Togo Birkin 30 Black Noir. This chic handbag classic is crafted of luxurious Togo calfskin leather, $13,900 at STORE 5a.
18. Artwork by Cody Heichel, a Columbus-based watercolor artist. This piece, 4th Ave. & Neil Ave., features Cody’s ability to capture the Columbus urban landscape in his signature style of painting watercolor on panel, $650 at Brandt-Roberts Galleries.
19. Bubble Wrap Cowl. Fun, warm and chunky cowl! Feeling sassy? Buy the pattern from Toni and make it yourself. $52 for the finished cowl. Craftin’ Outlaw friend TL Yarn Crafts.
20. Columbus Ohio Crewneck, show off your home town pride with the softest crewneck around, $58 at HOMAGE. Script Ohio Tee, an Ohio State classic and a wardrobe staple for any Buckeye fan, $32 at HOMAGE.
Thank you for reading the Columbus Underground 2017 Holiday Shopping Guide, presented by Elm & Iron. Visit Elm & Iron at 3475 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214, in Clintonville and at 4170 Easton Gateway Dr, Columbus, OH 43219. Every time you step inside their doors, you’ll be sure to find an eclectic collection of home furnishings, accessories, and décor. Stop by their Holiday Open Houses (12/2 at Easton and 12/9 at Clintonville) for special holiday sales, and refreshments, from 10am to 6pm. The events are free! For more information, visit elmandiron.com.
Additional support for the Holiday Shopping Guide is provided by Trapped Columbus.
We’ll have more ideas for you next Friday, December 1. Happy Shopping!