Holiday Shopping Guide – Last Minute Local Gift Ideas
This is the final week of the Holiday Shopping Guide’s best gifts in Columbus. Get all of this year’s guides! We’ve got some great last minute gift ideas, gifts for coffee lovers, and more local gift ideas to help you find the best in shopping local to make your holidays special.
The 2018 Holiday Shopping Guide is presented by Middle West Spirits. Celebrating the holidays with artisan spirits crafted from scratch right here in Columbus Ohio. Offering distillery tours Thurs-Sat in the Short North, to raise a glass to life in the middle west. Additional support is provided by the Short North Arts District. Complete the Short North Arts District Holiday Trail by December 31st and score a $50 parking meter gift card!
1. Nature Frame, $30-$150 at Planthropy.
2. Mugolio Pinecone Syrup, $25 at Quinci Emporium. This syrup is marvelous with ice cream, ricotta, mascarpone, other cheeses, panna cotta, meats, fish, and more.
3. Bourbon Barrel-Aged Maple Syrup, $14.99 (8oz) or $24.99 (16oz) at Middle West Spirits Bottle Shop. Made with 100% Pure Grade A Dark Ohio Maple Syrup, allowed to rest in freshly emptied OYO Bourbon and Whiskey casks made from American Oak.
4. Cast iron dogs, $19 each at Happy Go Lucky Home. A great display accent or practical paperweight.
5. Plant Mister, $18 each at the Franklin Park Conservatory Botanica Gift Shop.
6. Biscotti Cookie Sampler: Salted Caramel biscotti, White Chocolate Raspberry and Chocolate Hazelnut handcrafted Italian cookies, perfect to pair with coffee! $35 at Giorgio Cookie Co.
7. The New Rules of Coffee, about $15 at Crimson Cup Coffee Houses Clintonville and Upper Arlington coffee shops, call for availability.
8. Winter Gift Set with four 4oz bottles including: Vanilla Ginger, Cherry Almond, Grapefruit Basil & Maple Cinnamon $29.99 at Root 23.
9. Sipping Leviteas, $10-15 at Sipping Levitea. They believe your tea should be an expression of you, and that starts with the canister. Select your favorite label, choose the exact tea you want, and place your order.
10. Holiday Barn Box: A custom made barn box, designed by the Mount Vernon Barn Company, features a thoughtfully curated selection of our signature and local favorite tastes including: Thick Cut Brown Sugar Candied Bacon, Parmesan Fennel Shortbread, Honey Rosemary Cashews & Cranberries, Snowflake Crinkle Cookies, North Country Charcuterie Salami and OH! Chips Sweet Potato Chips. $100. Order and all items will be available for pickup at Bleu & Fig, 4622 North High Street, on December 23rd between 10:00am – 4:00pm.
11. Gift Box. Giant Cashews Duo Box, 2 – 16 oz. bags gift box, $34.99 and Giant Cashews & Chocolate Almonds 2 Pack Gift Box, $27.99 at Krema Nut Company.
12. The Four Seasons of German Village. Paper cut prints, 8×10″ for $25 each, with 25% going to The Friends of Schiller Park. Reach out to the artist, Brooke Albrecht, to purchase: [email protected] or DM at on Instagram.
13. Santa’s Sleigh is on its way to Ohio!, $12.99 at Ohio History Connection gift shop.
14. Wild Flower Cases for iPhone, $35-37 at Vamp Official.
15. Candle Gift Pack, $23 at The Candle Lab. Four complementary scented candles.
16. Light Weave Super Skinny Wallet, $46 at zerOz.
17. Handmade Ceramic Mug, $26 at Cultural Arts Center – Art Shop. A handmade ceramic mug created by artist and CAC instructor Adena Griffith.
18. Cute ceramic gifts by Katie Swartz, prices vary at The Ohio Craft Museum.
19. Cat Crayons Set of 8, $10 by Ashley Summerlin.
20. Dessert Socks, $9.75 a pair at J Avenue. Cute ice cream, cupcake, and donut socks to sweeten up your wardrobe.
Thank you for reading the Columbus Underground 2018 Holiday Shopping Guide, presented by Middle West Spirits. Celebrating the holidays with artisan spirits crafted from scratch right here in Columbus Ohio. Offering distillery tours Thurs-Sat in the Short North, to raise a glass to life in the middle west.
Visit us for a tour of the Middle West Distillery at 1230 Courtland Avenue, Columbus, OH 43201. For more information, visit middlewestspirits.com.
Additional support for the Holiday Shopping Guide is provided by The Short North Arts District.
And that’s a wrap! We hope you’ve enjoyed this year’s gift guide. What was your favorite local gift to give this year? Get all of this year’s guides. Happy Shopping!