Holiday Shopping Guide – Best Local Gift Ideas in the City
We are back for another week of the best local gift ideas in Columbus! This is the fourth week of Holiday Shopping Guide! Looking to give that perfect gift that supports your local community? We’ve got local gift ideas coming every Friday through December 21st to help you find the best in shopping local to make your holidays special.
The 2018 Holiday Shopping Guide is presented by Middle West Spirits. Now offering dinner and cocktails at the Service Bar in the Short North – a destination to feast for the holidays in honor of life well-lived. Additional support is provided by the Short North Arts District. Complete the Short North Arts District Holiday Trail and score a $50 parking meter gift card!
1. Alpine Votive Scene, $25 at Franklin Park Conservatory Botanica Gift Shop.
2. Block Sets: Constellation Blocks, Planets Blocks, Dinosaur Wood Blocks, Fossil Blocks, $20-26 each at Cub Shrub.
3. Buckeyes, $7.50 at Little Eater in North Market.
4. Pins, $9.90 at The Library Store at Columbus Main Library.
5. Travel Games, prices vary, The Library Store at Columbus Main Library.
6. Christmas Albums, $20-23 at Spoonful Records.
7. Women’s Columbus Crew SC ZooZatz Heathered Gray Headband & Mittens Set, $29.99 at the MLSStore.com.
8. Myland Friends, $3 each, Horse & Girl, $15, at Cub Shrub.
9. Whirlybird Granolas, $6.99 each at Mini-Super at North Market.
10. Holiday 4-pack of Infused Oils, $23 at Green Olive Company in North Market.
11. Mini Sparrow Magnet, $12 at Franklin Park Conservatory Botanica Gift Shop.
12. Ohio History Ornaments, $6.00 at Ohio History Connection.
13. Reindeer Balloon, $25 at Surprise Modern Party + Cocktail Goods. A fun gift to bring to a holiday soiree, this set of three large reindeer balloons instantly livens up the room.
14. Natural Philosophers Mug Club, $49 at Actual Brewing. A 750ml beer mug sandblasted with our logo and your chosen Natural Philosophers Club nickname, plus a membership card granting access to special beers and beer specials.
15. Straight Wheat Whiskey. It’s a single grain using only soft, red winter wheat from Fostoria, Ohio. Contact Middle West for pricing.
16. Cool Critters, $22-42 at State & Third. Handmade OOAK cool little monsters.
17. Twig & Horn Canvas Knitting Bag, Olive, Navy or Khaki. $136 at Sew To Speak. Tote your knitting project in this beautiful canvas bag with leather strap/handles.
18. Dinosaur Mugs, $40 at The Smithery: artist made goods. Fun handmade dinosaur mugs perfect for your morning coffee or tea! Choose from a variety of dinosaurs and colors.
19. Velvet Zip Pouch with Tassel, $15 each at Trove Warehouse. Available in 6 bright, punchy colors, this velvet zip pouch is perfect for gifting on the go! Snag one for yourself and a friend to hold make-up, loose change or any other treasures you’d like to stash in your bag.
20. Earrings, $14-18 a pair at Tigertree.
21. Neighborhood Cards and Prints, $5-$25 at Igloo Letterpress.
Thank you for reading the Columbus Underground 2018 Holiday Shopping Guide, presented by Middle West Spirits. Now offering dinner and cocktails at the Service Bar in the Short North – a destination to feast for the holidays in honor of life well-lived.
Visit Service Bar at 1230 Courtland Avenue, Columbus, OH 43201. For more information, visit servicebarcolumbus.com .
Additional support for the Holiday Shopping Guide is provided by The Short North Arts District.
We’ll have our final round of gift ideas for you next Friday, December 21. Get the previous guides. Happy Shopping!