Holiday Shopping Guide: 20 Local Gift Ideas
It’s week three of the best in local shopping for your gifting this holiday. Seventeen more days! Every Friday through December 22, we’ll be showcasing great ideas for you to gift to your friends and family. The 2017 Holiday Shopping Guide is presented by Elm & Iron, visit them in Clintonville and Easton for an eclectic collection of home furnishings, accessories, and décor. Additional support is provided by Trapped Columbus. Stop by Elm & Iron Clintonville’s Open House on Saturday.
1. Laine Avenue Backpack, $58-78 and Crossbody Flap, $28. The backpack, created by local teen entrepreneur, is the only backpack on the market that has a changeable flap so you can customize your backpack look with mix-and-match colors and patterns. The flap is also removable and can convert into a cross-body purse. Available at laineavenue.com.
2. AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Headphones, $99.95. The lightweight and comfortable Trekz Titanium wireless stereo headphones are the safest alternative to traditional sport headphones and earbuds. Sweatproof and secure! Available at Columbus Running Company.
3. Michelle Y. Williams’ Cut series, $750 each. Cut 17-90 & Cut 17-91, mixed media on metal panels bolted between two acrylic sheets. Available at Brandt-Roberts Galleries.
4. Tie Bar tie clips, $15 each. From the classic to unique to quirky, available at Pursuit.
5. Furry Headbands, $24. Faux fur halo stretch headband. May be pulled down around neck and worn as collar. Available at Clover on High.
6. Yay Champagne Flutes, $18 each and Surprise Ball, $5. Yay flutes for a fun new year and unwrapping five little prizes hidden inside a crepe paper ball is the perfect holiday entertainment for little ones! Available at Surprise Modern Party + Cocktail Goods.
7. Jungle Print by Julie Martin, $15. The cover art to Creative Babes next coloring book, Wildlife ($10). Get both for $20 at the Cheers Art + Music Market on Sunday, December 10 at Strongwater, or at CreativeBabes.com.
8. Maverick Chocolate Bars, $9. Also in mini-size in Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate, $2. Handcrafted in small batches from bean to bar at historic Findlay Market in Cincinnati. Available at Black Radish Creamery inside the North Market.
9. CaJohns Taco Sauces and Table Sauces, 5oz, $6.50, some kinds in 10oz, $8.50. An exquisite balance of flavor and fire. CaJohns Flavor and Fire in North Market.
10. Pistacia Vera’s Pistachio Nougat, $12, Cocoa Buttermilk Cake, $5 mini, Cashew Caramel, $12. Available at Pistacia Vera.
11. Adventure Set, Metal Compass, $2.99 and Junior Adventurer’s Binoculars, $9.99. Available at Oakland Nursery.
12. Festive Mugs, $12.00 each, and Cocoa, $12.75 each, at Botanica, the gift shop inside Franklin Park Conservatory.
13. Ceramic Polar Bears, $2.50 each. Available at Botanica, the gift shop inside Franklin Park Conservatory.
14. Holiday flavors of Cotton Candy, $4.99 at Chocolate Cafe.
15. Dalmatia Fig Spreads, varied flavors, $1.49 each. Available at Giant Eagle Market District.
16. Grainwell Wood Ornament, $12 each. Locally made, these wood ornaments are always a hit as a gift to someone with home town pride. Made with Birch wood and at approximately 4″ tall this ornament will look great on any holiday tree, available at Elm & Iron.
17. The Top Steakhouse throwback T-shirts, $25 each and T-shirts must be ordered before midnight on December 14 as part of the initial pre-sale, and will be printed and shipped by December 19 for delivery before Christmas. Available at InkedandScreened.com.
18. Black Radish Creamery Wooden Cheese Gift Box, starting at $18.99. Build your own or choose from a Monger Selected Package. Last day for shipping is December 12, available at http://www.northmarket.com/portfolio-item/black-radish-creamery”>Black Radish Creamery in North Market.
19. Dine Originals Decks, $20. This deck of 52 cards includes different deals from each of the member restaurants as well as local partners! Inside you’ll find cards with a $10 promotional offer from each of the 30 Dine Originals Columbus member restaurants and more, $500 in value for just $20! Available at the Experience Columbus Visitor Centers, or at DineOriginalsColumbus.com.
Thank you for reading the Columbus Underground 2017 Holiday Shopping Guide, presented by Elm & Iron. Visit Elm & Iron at 3475 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214, in Clintonville and at Easton. Every time you step inside their doors, you’ll be sure to find an eclectic collection of home furnishings, accessories, and décor. Stop by their Holiday Open House on Saturday, 12/9 at Elm & Iron Clintonville at 3475 N High St, Columbus, OH 43214 for special holiday sales (15% off storewide), and refreshments, from 10am to 6pm. The events are free! For more information, visit elmandiron.com.
Additional support for the Holiday Shopping Guide is provided by Trapped Columbus.
We’ll have more ideas for you next Friday, December 15. Happy Shopping!