Lots of Options Available for Free and Discounted Rides to the Polls
Several nonprofit organizations, along with most of the “shared mobility” companies that operate in Columbus, are working to ensure that transportation is not a barrier for citizens hoping to vote on November 6.
Polls are open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Election Day. To find your polling location, visit the Franklin County Board of Elections’ site, and see below for a run-down of the various incentives, discounts and free rides being offered:
- The League of Women Voters and the Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio (COOHIO) offer a place to either sign up for a free ride or sign up as a volunteer to drive people to the polls. Those looking for a ride can also call 614-210-0746.
- CoGo Bike Share is offering free rides on Election Day, making a day pass available through the Transit App with the code BIKETOVOTE. Columbus is one of nine cities in which CoGo parent company Motivate is offering the deal.
- Lime’s bikes, e-bikes and scooters can also rented for free tomorrow. Use the code LIME2VOTE18 to unlock your mobility device of choice and get a free ride to and from your polling location.
- Lyft is offering a 50 percent discount on rides tomorrow. Enter the code VOTEOH1 at www.buzzfeed.com. The company is also providing free rides through partnerships with Voto Latino, National Federation of the Blind and Student Vets of America.
- Uber is offering $10 off a single ride to the polls. Enter the promotional code VOTE2018 in the Uber app access the deal. Uber also has provided promo codes for free rides through a partnership with #VoteTogether and Democracy Works.
For more information on voting in Franklin County, visit vote.franklincountyohio.gov.