Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Zoup! Fresh Soup

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Zoup! Fresh Soup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Zoup Fresh Soup coming to Capitol Square
    Business First – by Dan Eaton
    Date: Thursday, June 23, 2011

Zoup will be on this fall downtown. A franchisee for Southfield, Mich.-based Zoup Fresh Soup Co. plans to open the first Central Ohio location for the fast-casual soup chain in the Huntington Center on Capitol Square.

Barboza signed up with the growing brand last year and has spent the past 12 months hunting for an ideal debut location. The 2,700-square-foot eatery could open by November.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2011/06/23/zoup-fresh-soup-coming-to-capitol-square.html

lifeliberty
    Participant

maybe they will take over the empty clothing store space? Hopefully the prices are better than the Soupman’s.

melikecheese
    Participant

WOOT!

I like soup.

But we don’t have a good soup place that just makes soup.

I wish we had a Souper Market that they have in Cleveland. My god that soup is good.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

On Friday evening I spotted some walls going up inside the former Dress Barn space, so it looks like Zoup is on its way!

heresthecasey
    Participant

@Walker, I think you mean the former “Casual Corner/Petite Sophisticate” space, the old Dress Barn space is where Potbelly is.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oops, yeah… Casual Corner. I wasn’t a big shopper there, so I mix them up. ;)

News
    Participant

Soup chain stirring up downtown debut
    Business First by Dan Eaton, Staff reporter
    Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2011, 11:34am EDT

Zoup will be opening its downtown doors just in time for the cooling temperatures. Franchisee Denis Barboza plans to open the fast-casual soup chain Nov. 10 in the Huntington Center on Capitol Square. It will be the first Columbus location for Southfield, Mich.-based Zoup Fresh Soup Co.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2011/10/26/soup-chain-stirring-up-downtown-debut.html

Analogue Kid
    Participant

I noticed they are furiously at work on this project today; walls and fixtures are almost complete.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Walked by yesterday and they looked to be testing things out and finishing with the process of setting everything up. I imagine it should be open any day now…

lifeliberty
    Participant

ate there today. got the combo with soup and sandwich to go. the turkey club and lobster bisque is very good and very filling. you get a half a sandwich and cup of soup, a pieces of bread comes with the soup (sourdough, french bread, or wheat). I’m full and content. cost $8.00.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice! Will have to scope it out soon. ;)

OSURob
    Participant

Tried the Lobster Bisque today. For the first time downtown, I got a Lobster Bisque under $10 that contained a substantial amount of Lobster. I got the bowl for $7.25 and it came with french bread. It was more than enough food for lunch. They are very liberal with samples as well and one could get full on that alone. I will definately be back. I do want to note however, that Custom Chef in the Key Bank Building is making similar tasting chili and potato soup for half the price.

melikecheese
    Participant

Here is thier menu, I am hoping to check this out and hopefully find good soup.

It’s a bit of a drive to the Souper Market in Cleveland for good soup, but that’s the closest spot.

http://www.zoup.com/Menu.aspx?LocationKey=60

lifeliberty
    Participant

I think the word is out that they are open. tried going today, line was too long so went to Daniela instead.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Any pics of the interior/exterior build-out from someone who’s been?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: