Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Yuppies Are Killing the Dive Bar

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Yuppies Are Killing the Dive Bar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Yuppies Are Killing the Dive Bar
    By Alexander Nazaryan
    Filed: 9/1/14 at 7:19 AM

I don’t really like dive bars, but I am always sad when one closes. I prefer to drink in a clean, well-lighted place where I don’t have to watch Yankees highlights or listen to the discomfiting political ideas of ancient barflies. But many others like the dimness, and the sweating bottles of Budweiser, and talking sports with someone they don’t know and never will, except for the duration of one boozy evening.

READ MORE: http://www.newsweek.com/yuppies-are-killing-dive-bar-267594

OSURob
    Participant

How much is Newsweek paying per click these days?

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

“I don’t really like dive bars, but I am always sad when one closes.”

What a silly attitude.

BTW, if you want to read this article without getting the “you have read your 5 free articles for this month” popup, delete “?piano_d=1” from the link above and paste into your browser.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

How much is Newsweek paying per click these days?

???

None as far I know of.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

BTW, if you want to read this article without getting the “you have read your 5 free articles for this month” popup, delete “?piano_d=1″ from the link above and paste into your browser.

Just removed that extra bit of code from the link. I assume it was leftover from the original site feed that linked to the article.

Cookie-based paywalls can also easily be worked around with Incognito Mode (Chrome), Private Window (Firefox) or Private Browsing (Safari).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: