Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Yeah, Me Too Coffee

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Yeah, Me Too Coffee

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  News 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

YEAH, ME TOO – COLUMBUS, OH

December 30, 2013 · by thebreakfastgrubguy

It’s hard to imagine in today’s world, that a successful business could operate with absolutely no form of advertising, whatsoever: No website. No Twitter handle or Facebook page. No banner ads. No local radio or TV spots. Not even a Yellow Pages ad, for Pete’s sake! If I were a betting man, I would say that that business was destined to fail…fast. But that’s precisely the way that Jovan Karcic and Sam Brown have run their small coffee shop in Clintonville for years. Relying solely on word of mouth and the thirst of the casual passerby, Yeah, Me Too is one of Columbus’ best kept secrets.

READ MORE: http://thebreakfastgrubguy.com/2013/12/30/yeah-me-too-columbus-oh/

Eugene_C
    Participant

Love the coffee there, and that’s pretty much all they have. It’s amazing; you walk in and there’s a coffee roaster, a counter, and a guy with a french press filling up a thermal carafe, and that’s about it. If you want something in your coffee? Well, then you have the choice of either milk or sugar. That’s pretty much it. But it’s great coffee.

If I could offer one suggestion for improvement it would be to open at a consistent time in the morning. I’ve been there as early as 7:10 am and they were open, and as late as 7:40 am and had to wait a few minutes (and various times in-between where they were either open or not). I asked once what time they opened and he said “We’re open now, do you want some coffee?”

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Eugene_C said:
    I asked once what time they opened and he said “We’re open now, do you want some coffee?”

Sounds about right.

I asked once if they were interested in being interviewed for a story on CU and he said “Do you know anyone who could help me design a website?”

Good coffee though.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Walker said:
    Sounds about right.

I asked once if they were interested in being interviewed for a story on CU and he said “Do you know anyone who could help me design a website?”

Good coffee though.

Best thing I read all day!
    I do really like their coffee as well

melikecheese
    Participant

Yum, they really do have some of, if not the best, beans in the city. Not to mention one of the co-owners is kind of a rock star, which I think is pretty fun!

bob.os
    Participant

Absolutely love this place. I only feel like a minor tool buying coffee in my suit and full coat after dropping off shirts at the awesome dry cleaners next door.

Also: Legos!

Eugene_C
    Participant

Walker said:
    Sounds about right.

Good coffee though.

Start with a Facebook site and a Twitter feed. That’s the simplest way to get started.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Eugene_C said:
    Start with a Facebook site and a Twitter feed. That’s the simplest way to get started.

Simple? Yes. Most effective? No.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: