Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Yabo's Tacos

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Yabo’s Tacos

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

tolemac5050
    Participant

Anyone know anything about Yabo’s Tacos that recently opened at the corner of Polaris parkway and Rt 3 Westerville?

BreakfastwithNick
    BreakfastwithNick
    Participant

pancho7
    Participant

They opened yesterday Fri. June 17. They’re still working out some rough spots. I’m seeing differences between mission explained on Yelp and what’s being served so far, time will tell.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/yabos-tacos-westerville
    Location is about 1/4 mile north of Polaris in Giammarco’s previous location, near UDF.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

I’ll begin with the fact that the owners are dear friends of mine, so I’m not here to post a review. I went to f&f night on Thursday and enjoyed the food. Scott is an amazing chef/entrepreneur and I’ve always admired his abilities, savored his food, and tried to soak up this enthusiasm in supporting our community through food.

So with that said, I know they had some issues on Thursday (again, f&f night) mainly caused by their point of sale system which might carry a bit until they get it fixed or replaced. In the end, I’m really excited about frequenting this place for $2 tacos (love the pork taco with the chipotle sauce) and their $1 retro beers and other drafts when that’s installed and ready to go. Wish them the best of luck.

tolemac5050
    Participant

I plan to stop after work weds this week, thanks for the update…it is all about the food!

bman
    Participant

I ate there tonight and yea, the service was horrendous but that I can overlook seeing how they are an upstart but I did not care for the taste of the food. They have a Chipotle about 5 minutes away that I think will doom their future.

AmyJ
    Participant

Wait, so are these $2 tacos and $1 beers an every night thing?

tolemac5050
    Participant

Made it in…always a dollar “retro” draft…right now PBR…the $2.00 tacos are little minis. The owner I met and he is very nice and the food is all fresh. The freezer which he showed me holds ice cream and corn. That is it. All other foods are fresh. He developed the recipes for the sauces, marinades for meats….order at the counter like a BW3 and then get a beeper, sit down and when the beeper vibrates, pick up the food. (Full service at the small bar). they are working on a full liquor permit…so for now, beer, wine. They plan a 2nd location in the Dublin area. Everyone was kind and they had a nice crowd. I will return

patient_zero
    Participant

tolemac5050 wrote >>
    …the $2.00 tacos are little minis. The owner I met and he is very nice and the food is all fresh.

What the heck are “little minis”? Are they traditional 4 1/2″ corn tortillas, or are they smaller appetizer tortillas?

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! You need to start carrying around a little digital camera to all these eateries you are posting about. I want to see what the chefs are making and you are eating. Please? :]

tolemac5050
    Participant

patient_zero, I called the small tacos little mini’s because these are little tacos. I did take photo’s, but damn if I can post them…

deraj1013
    Participant

From ThisWeekNews…

New Yabo’s Tacos touts chef-inspired fresh menu

By GARY SEMAN JR.

Classically trained by some of the best chefs in the country, Scott Boles has changed culinary directions, to say the least.

Read more

patient_zero
    Participant

tolemac5050 wrote >>
    patient_zero, I called the small tacos little mini’s because these are little tacos. I did take photo’s, but damn if I can post them…

I sent you a pm on photo posting. Contact me if you have any questions.

I’m hungry for fish tacos now after reading the article deraj posted.

deraj1013
    Participant

I’m mad because I used to live like a mile from here. I would try the place if it wasn’t such a trek (I bet I’ll get there anyway, but…).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Tolemac’s photo:

;)

tolemac5050
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: