Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wurst Und Bier (Crosswoods)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Wurst Und Bier (Crosswoods)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

gobrutus

Immediate disclaimer! I am an employee of this restaurant!

As a new restaurant you can imagine us being excited to see the buzz about the place online. I was saddened to see the poor marketing attempt on this site that came up in my search, and am hoping to make it right.

I would like to invite you all to come on in and visit us. We are set us as a sports bar so you won’t get that full ‘authentic’ German feel from the decor that you might expect. That feeling, however, doesn’t detract from the authenticity of the food itself. A few of the sausages, kraut, cabbage, and mustards are sent in from Germany. The rest of the sausages are from Bucyrus, OH. All of our cooks have been trained by a Chef from Germany.

We do have 13 German drafts, and are seeking out two more with the help of distributors. We also have a few craft drafts and plenty of bottles.

Our staff is a little green still, and we are not without room for improvement, but I invite you out to give us a try, and more importantly lend our feedback. While we probably wont be able to cater to everyone’s requests, we will always have open ears!

I will be back on to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks guys, and Prost!

cheap

ill check it out

gobrutus

cheap said:
    ill check it out

We are in the former BW3s/Jed’s location by Winking Lizard

FoodFort
    Participant

Disclaimer is very important for CU and for social media. Good job.

How about a CU specific deal for next week – mention you saw us on Columbus underground for $_____ off or a the CU platter – a sampler of our best food and a beer for $10?

DavidF
    Participant

And that’s how easy it is to promote your place properly. Sounds good. I’m not in taht area very often, but next time I am, I’ll look this place up. Good German food is something I love.

DJ DocMedPot
    DJ DocMedPot
    Participant

Enjoyed a great meal at the B&W on Wednesday, great German biergarten atmosphere without being too kitschy. Enjoyed my first visit here and happy to have it in my neighborhood. Def glad to have an option for good German fare without making the trip to G-Village. BTW they offer a 3-7 happy hour with $1 off all German Drafts & also the appetizers.

They do have a website at: http://wurstundbiercolumbus.com/

And my full review can be seen at: http://www.yelp.com/biz/wurst-und-bier-columbus#hrid:5wTK9jebQUSwLi7l_pY4gw

Bier trinken, gut essen!

Bevans
    Participant

My husband and I met some friends there this past Saturday night. Highlights for us were: lots of tv’s, large table taps available that had an ice tube to keep the beer cold, the sausages, and a cheese spread with brie that came with a large pretzel.

We live downtown, so its a bit of a haul for us. However, if you’re in the area, it’s a fun place to drink Warsteiner, eat, and watch baseball.

Anonymous
    Inactive

CBC IPA is all I need, but the Schneider beers add so much cred.
    I’ve never had a Kölsch draft.
    Destination.
    Next time I can combine a movie + dinner. Somewhat kid friendly?

Decker

My family dropped in this afternoon and enjoyed ourselves. The Paulaner Hefeweizen was cold and delicious. We split the Käsespätzle and it disappeared in no time. Our entrees were piping hot and filling. We’re looking forward to returning and sampling more of the menu.

thirstychef
    Participant

Wife and I went there on Father’s Day. Was a good day to go because of the soccer matches, one of which was Germany vs. Denmark (I think).

I had the Hoffbrauhaus Dunkel in a gigantic litre mug, was very cold and refreshing. We shared the saurkraut balls, which were made with ham, mashed potato, cheese, and kraut. Very tasty.

We then shared their German Streetfood Specialty-Currywurst. A sausage dish where the sausage is sliced and in a light and sweet sauce that is dusted with curry. We chose veal sausage and the cooked red cabbage as our side. Delicious!

They have some american food options as well. We sat at the bar as the restaurant area was packed. Very friendly service that will give you food reccomendations and beer samples.

James
    Participant

Based on this thread, my wife and I stopped in Thursday before last. I had a fresh Paulaner hefe, my wife had the Oktoberfest, and we shared a gigantic (had to be german) pretzel with three different awesome mustards. I wasn’t disappounted, and I think the sports theme is much better than some kitschy biergarten decorations. We’ll be back to try some of their wurst offerings.

reelfreak
    Participant

What, no Bitburger?

Or is there? I see a nice logo, but it isn’t listed under drafts or bottles. Can’t imagine the logo would be there if the beer isn’t.

Taz Devil
    Participant

I went there yesterday for lunch and the place was actually really busy – I was surprised. The decor is a little sparse, but still looks nice and clean. Hey, they had two metal signs of my favorite beers from Berlin, so I couldn’t really complain about that. Too bad that they didn’t have them on tap or in the bottle. Thanks State of Ohio for your random rules about which booze and beers are invited into our Puritan land mass. I was still envious of the people chugging beers though.
    Currywurst und Pommes is a Berlin favorite street food that is for sure and I have to admit that Wurst’s was very good and authentic in flavor. It came with one side and bread for $7 I think. Not bad a price. I had this with the German Bratwurst. Next came the Pork Schnitzel with red cabbage and fried taters. This was good too.
    Even though it is quite a haul from downtown for me, I will be back. Better than Schmidt’s maybe not in terms of atmosphere, but the food was more to my palate. Oh, I know I am going to get sh*t for that.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Went there with the family tonight because we were at Highbanks and it was on the way home.

Was good, but I wasn’t overly impressed. It seems that even for being open for a few months they still need more time to get their act together. A large section of their menu is flatbreads/pizzas, but their oven wasn’t working. They also pointed out that a few of the things we inquired about on the menu had incorrect descriptions, and all of the exotic sausages on the menu (duck, rattlesnake, alligator) aren’t available. They also quickly asked for our menus back because they don’t have that many and other customers needed them which seemed very odd.

The dining room is decent sized, but it looks like they gutted the BW3’s and threw down some wooden tables and put a new coat of paint of the walls. The acoustics are very echoey and loud, and it just doesn’t have a cozy feeling at all. There was a old man on the accordion playing german music towards the front, which was cool, but it’s juxtaposed with tons of TV’s tuned to sports… very sports bar vibe. Seems like maybe a bit of an identity crisis.

Edit – I guess the owner previously stated on here that it’s set up to have a sports bar feel. Maybe I just personally prefer the old school charm of Schmidt’s and let that get in my head.

We started with a sauerkraut balls appetizer. They were fine but couldn’t hold a candle to some of the better ones in town such as the ones from Barley’s. For an entree I had a sausage platter with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut and the wife had a schnitzel sandwich. Everything was fine, just nothing extraordinary. The sauerkraut tasted straight out of a can (or bag), and the mashed potatoes were bland. The sausages were good enough, but nothing special. I prefer Schmidt’s by a large margin or even the food I previously could get at the Columbus Mannerchor.

Again, the food isn’t bad and I’d stop back given the fact that I live in close proximity. It’d be a great place to drink some beers and watch football on a Sunday. It just seems like they may have opened a bit too early and still have quite a few kinks to work out.

M.O.
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Went there with the family tonight because we were at Highbanks and it was on the way home.

Was good, but I wasn’t overly impressed. It seems that even for being open for a few months they still need more time to get their act together. A large section of their menu is flatbreads/pizzas, but their oven wasn’t working. They also pointed out that a few of the things we inquired about on the menu had incorrect descriptions, and all of the exotic sausages on the menu (duck, rattlesnake, alligator) aren’t available. They also quickly asked for our menus back because they don’t have that many and other customers needed them which seemed very odd.

The dining room is decent sized, but it looks like they gutted the BW3’s and threw down some wooden tables and put a new coat of paint of the walls. The acoustics are very echoey and loud, and it just doesn’t have a cozy feeling at all. There was a old man on the accordion playing german music towards the front, which was cool, but it’s juxtaposed with tons of TV’s tuned to sports… very sports bar vibe. Seems like maybe a bit of an identity crisis.

Edit – I guess the owner previously stated on here that it’s set up to have a sports bar feel. Maybe I just personally prefer the old school charm of Schmidt’s and let that get in my head.

We started with a sauerkraut balls appetizer. They were fine but couldn’t hold a candle to some of the better ones in town such as the ones from Barley’s. For an entree I had a sausage platter with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut and the wife had a schnitzel sandwich. Everything was fine, just nothing extraordinary. The sauerkraut tasted straight out of a can (or bag), and the mashed potatoes were bland. The sausages were good enough, but nothing special. I prefer Schmidt’s by a large margin or even the food I previously could get at the Columbus Mannerchor.

Again, the food isn’t bad and I’d stop back given the fact that I live in close proximity. It’d be a great place to drink some beers and watch football on a Sunday. It just seems like they may have opened a bit too early and still have quite a few kinks to work out.

Our waitress was hot. The beer was good. The guy with the accordion rocked.

It’s not Schmidt’s, but that’s OK.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION