Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Worried about moving to Clintonville area...

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Worried about moving to Clintonville area…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

erock88

Hi all, I just hoped for your feedback regarding my move to south Clintonville (High St. and between Crestview and Hudson). I’m going for one last semester at OSU, and have high hopes for the living experience, but one major concern for me is parking.

My first question is: If a street sign reads 2 hour parking between 8 am – 6 pm daily, does that mean I can park there over night? My current place has ample parking for residents, but where I am moving to does not. How would I go about finding a spot to park at on the side streets?

My second question is: How safe is the area, especially the areas behind apartment buildings which includes alley ways of garages and such? How are the people? I know there are nuisances everywhere, but still.

Although this is a temporary move, I would still like to know that I am free to enjoy living here while I finish school. If you have any advice or input, please feel free. All is welcome. Thanks so much.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

erock88 said:
    Hi all, I just hoped for your feedback regarding my move to south Clintonville (High St. and between Crestview and Hudson). I’m going for one last semester at OSU, and have high hopes for the living experience, but one major concern for me is parking.

My first question is: If a street sign reads 2 hour parking between 8 am – 6 pm daily, does that mean I can park there over night? My current place has ample parking for residents, but where I am moving to does not. How would I go about finding a spot to park at on the side streets?

My second question is: How safe is the area, especially the areas behind apartment buildings which includes alley ways of garages and such? How are the people? I know there are nuisances everywhere, but still.

Although this is a temporary move, I would still like to know that I am free to enjoy living here while I finish school. If you have any advice or input, please feel free. All is welcome. Thanks so much.

In C-Ville, watch out for bicycle gangs of women forcing lone alley walkers into performing cunnilingus….Wait, no, that’s a fantasy not a fear

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Between Crestview and Hudson? That’s like what 5-6 blocks? Pretty vague location description. Just lock your doors and don’t be stupid and you will be fine. Plenty of parking. Not used to city life I take it?

Pablo
    Participant

I’ve lived in South Clintonville and North Campus since 1986 – never had any trouble.

GreatOutdoors
    Participant

erock88 said:

I think if the sign only reads 2 hr parking between 8a-6p, then that means there’s unrestricted parking there during other times. You should be ok to park it overnight, and then move the car in the morning. With the side streets, just keep an eye out for residential permit parking only signs. On most of the side streets, if it’s not permit parking, it’ll be unrestricted parking, generally.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE