Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

World of Beer in The Brewery District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife World of Beer in The Brewery District

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author

melikecheese
    Participant

I’ll be checking this place out this weekend, so glad another place with lots of taps opened, I am sorry but I had to quit going to Bodega like 2 years ago since it is packed to the gills almost every time it is open.

I like to drink beer and enjoy it, not drink beer and be stared at by dudes in chick pants and fight for a beer to be served to me (I’m not a cute girl), wait in line for a men’s room etc etc…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

melikecheese said:
    I like to drink beer and enjoy dudes in chick pants

;-)

News
    Participant

World of Beer has settled in to its new home in the Brewery District at 503 South Front Street.

Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:34 pm | Updated: 4:00 pm, Wed Jan 11, 2012.

World of Beer has settled in to its new home in the Brewery District at 503 South Front Street. With 50 beers on tap and over 500 bottled varieties, World of Beer has something for everyone. Offering the largest selection in Columbus, WOB boasts craft beers, microbrews and unique imported beers. Bottled selections will change on a weekly basis and there will be new draft selections daily. WOB will also support numerous local brews such as Columbus Brewing, Elevator Brewing, Great Lakes and more.

READ MORE: http://www.theotherpaper.com/featured_businesses/article_ec6fdf56-3c94-11e1-adeb-001871e3ce6c.html

patient_zero
    Participant

I enjoyed a few wheat beers there Tuesday night. Their 500ml bottle of Pinkus Hefeweizen from Germany was really refreshing with a slice of orange in a tall glass. I normally pitch the fruit, but it worked really well here. The Tangerine Wheat by Lost Coast Brewery (Eureka, CA) was a Springtime treat in the bottle, but I liked the sample of draft a little bit more with enhanced citrus notes.

They have a few seasonal bock beers on tap, both wildly different in look and taste. A few locals on tap, including CBC Bodhi and Four String Backstage Blond.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

This has become one of my favorite bars in town. Great beer, low key, good crowd.

ricospaz
    Participant

MichaelC said:
    This has become one of my favorite bars in town. Great beer, low key, good crowd.

+1

patient_zero
    Participant

Wooden Shoe Brewing Company Spotlight Night tonight (April 17th). The brewery from Minster, Ohio has been given new life, as some of the beers from the breweries’ glorious past are once again available for our drinking pleasure.

Brewery representative Nate will be on hand at WOB, and can elaborate about the beers in Tuesday’s lineup:

Pale Lager
    Bock
    Pale Ale
    Smoked Pale Ale (Special release)
    Tippe Canoe Canal Jumpers Ale

http://brewerydistrict.wobusa.com/Events/SpecialEvents.aspx?id=261

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The World of Beer is coming to Easton: http://m.bizjournals.com/columbus/#/premium/view/page_8653852

News
    Participant

World of Beer expands to Cleveland; raising money for more
    Mar 19, 2013, 11:38am
    Dan Eaton
    Staff reporter-Business First

The world of World of Beer continues to grow. Columbus-based franchisees Darren Greene and Mark Pottschmidt Tuesday will open the doors at a Lakewood tavern in suburban Cleveland, their third bar with the Tampa-based chain.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2013/03/world-of-beer-expands-to-cleveland.html

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Seventh Son / Revolution “Seven Fists of Deth” Release Party

Stop by World of Beer – Brewery District this Thursday and be the first to taste the new collaboration beer from Seventh Son Brewing and Revolution Brewing! Come meet the brains behind the beer from both breweries and get your mitts on “Seven Fists of Deth”, an Imperial Belgian IPA.

Also on draft:

Revolution Bean Gene
    Revolution Anti-Hero
    Seventh Son Mr. Owl Double Indian Brown
    Seventh Son Golden Ratio

World of Beer – Brewery District (Columbus, OH)
    503 South Front Street, Columbus, Ohio 43215

Thursday, Feb 13 5pm

LINK

News
    Participant

World of Beer Closes Brewery District Location
    November 1, 2015 7:09 pm – Walker Evans

The local franchise operators behind the Columbus World of Beer locations have announced tonight their decision to close their Brewery District bar effective immediately.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/world-of-beer-brewery-district

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

bummer. I only went a couple times (the problem I know) but always had a good time.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I went once every few months in ’12 and ’13, but hadn’t been since last fall, when I went for a party. Never had any complaints; love the location and the way they did the place up, and hope it fills up quickly. That’s a prominent location, and there’s no reason to think another vendor can’t have more success as the Brewery District continues to build up again.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Sad. I’m really pulling for that area though!

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Whose decision was it to not allow them to build a kitchen? Was that the city or German village? I feel like I’ve been hearing lots of stories about how difficult it is to alter any buildings in German village.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE