Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

World of Beer in The Brewery District

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife World of Beer in The Brewery District

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

do they have presidente?

patient_zero
    Participant

vestanpance said:
    do they have presidente?

I wasn’t looking for it, but that reminds me to check for Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale on my next trip. They stopped shipping East a few years ago.

DLDude
    Participant

Do they have happy hours here? I’m all for a great beer selection, but what are they doing that will pull me away from a weekday Bodega Happy Hour adventure?

patient_zero
    Participant

DLDude said:
    Do they have happy hours here? I’m all for a great beer selection, but what are they doing that will pull me away from a weekday Bodega Happy Hour adventure?

Monday:Service Industry Night – 1/2 off drafts 9-close
    Tuesday:Loyalty Card night – $1 off bottles open-close
    Wednesday:WOB University – students/faculty get 1/2 off select drafts 9-close
    Thursday:Ladies Night – 1/2 off wines and select drafts open-close
    Sunday:Customer Appreciation Cookout – one Sunday a month

Regular happy hour Monday-Friday $1 off drafts and wine, open to 7
    Live music Thursday-Saturday

Loyalty card available for $15, and includes a nice black tee.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

patient_zero said:
    I wasn’t looking for it, but that reminds me to check for Firestone Walker Double Barrel Ale on my next trip. They stopped shipping East a few years ago.

Presidente is far from fancy beer.. but it goes great with cigars :)

If you go back soon can you report your findings here please.

Anonymous
    Inactive

V&P, is this really what you like with a cigar? Back in the mid ’90s, before I quit cigars I came up with Auld Curiosity. It’s so flavorful and rich, I think it stands up to a cigar as well as Port.

patient_zero
    Participant

vestanpance said:

If you go back soon can you report your findings here please.

No Presidente in stock. Closest Caribbean beer is Red Stripe. They also have a few Central American beers – Baja from Guatemala and Port Royal Lager from Honduras. Have you ever had Xingu Black Beer from Brazil? Roasted malts and caramel flavors may be a win with your cigars. They stock it at WOB, and I bought a 6 at Weiland’s last year. Interesting beer.

WOB bottle listing: http://brewerydistrict.wobusa.com/Menus/Bottles.aspx

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

0Angle said:
    V&P, is this really what you like with a cigar? Back in the mid ’90s, before I quit cigars I came up with Auld Curiosity. It’s so flavorful and rich, I think it stands up to a cigar as well as Port.

OK I’ll be totally honest. I know the guy who owns Presidente Beer very well, and he also owns a cigar company called La Aurora. He’s a great guy so I like to drink his beer when I have a cigar if possible. Is it the best pairing… no. A nice rum or espresso is what works the best for me. (lately it’s been cafe cubano from luck bros)

This Presidente beer is more of a mindset thing…

thanks for the advice on the other beers though. I’ll give those a try

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

So, I checked out World of Beer tonight. When I die, I hope this is what heaven looks like. I may have just found my new favorite bar. Cheers.

placebohigh
    Participant

vestanpance said:

I agree wholeheartedly. Finding Presidente in Ohio is like the new Yuengling. Unattainable and absolutely delicious.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

placebohigh said:
    I agree wholeheartedly. Finding Presidente in Ohio is like the new Yuengling. Unattainable and absolutely delicious.

I like that.. start the campaign now

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I don’t know if I could properly enjoy a Presidente unless a Dominican served it to me on an 85 degree sunny beach.

News
    Participant

New bar: World of Beer
    Wednesday November 9, 2011 9:15 PM
    By Jesse Tigges
    Columbus Alive

Is serving more than 500 beers excessive? Judging by the brimming crowd at World of Beer last Friday, the simple answer is hell no.

Hopheads are flocking to the Florida franchise’s first location outside of the Sunshine State, and it has become the newest spot in the reinvigorated Brewery District. With 500 varieties of bottles and 50 drafts — all crafts and imports, no mass-produced domestics — the beer geek has a new home.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusalive.com/content/stories/2011/11/10/new-bar-world-of-beer.html

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’ve heard it’s terribly expensive, regardless I still hope to check it out really soon.

bayrea
    Participant

We went last saturday for the 2nd half of the buckeye game. Short and sweet, I liked it, I will be back. Although the photos make it look bigger than it really is.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!