Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Woodlands Tavern (formerly the Thirsty Ear)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Woodlands Tavern (formerly the Thirsty Ear)

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

bayrea
    Participant

cc wrote >>

I try to use the term 5xNW when describing it, but sadly, a lot of people think I am talking about the corner with a UDF, Chipotle, Mark Pi’s and Verizon Store.

Maybe it’s because those businesses are actually on the corner of 5th and NW… Woodlands is 1/2 mile away near the corner of 3rd and NW.

They do a cool open mic on Weds.

hivner1

I saw a late nite slice sign in the pizza window of Ledos on the bus just now. Mikeys in Olde North? Yes please!

hivner1

Slightly off thread topic…

Mercurius
    Participant

As seen on the Facebook via Paul Painter:

BREAKING NEWS!! Woodlands Productions is thrilled to announce the acquisition of the Park Street Complex (Patio, Saloon and Social Room) – 4 new stages for us to fill with amazing national, regional and local acts plus we’re bringing our $2 happy hour and Late Night Slice to our new 20,000 sq ft party!! There is going to be a 4 day kick-off party Oct 3-6 the details of which will be forthcoming here very soon! VERY STOKED to bring the Woodlands Brand to Park Street!!! PEACE

bayrea
    Participant

Woodlands, Woodlands Backyard, and now Woodlands Outhouse. j/k. Interesting dynamic. I hope them the best and am intersted to how this shakes out in the long run.

rory
    Participant

http://woodlandstavern.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/ParkStreetacquiredbyWoodlands.pdf

From the press release it kind of sounds like it’s going to be a hippie mega-entertainment complex.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mercurius said:
    As seen on the Facebook via Paul Painter:

Worthy of starting a new thread, no? ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder how big the overlap would be on a Venn Diagram of Woodland’s demographic and Park Street’s.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

I was bummed to find out that Mikey’s moved out of Woodlands (apparently back in January). I hope Late Night Slice returns to Grandview somehow. Oops I mean 5xNW.

Walter_White
    Participant

Does anybody know when the Woodland’s group is taking over the Park Street Complex? I don’t think their amazing happy hours have been available at any of the bars

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Does anybody know when the Woodland’s group is taking over the Park Street Complex?

Fall 2013.

https://www.columbusunderground.com/woodland-taking-over-park-street-complex

Walter_White
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walter_White wrote:</div>
    Does anybody know when the Woodland’s group is taking over the Park Street Complex?

Fall 2013.

https://www.columbusunderground.com/woodland-taking-over-park-street-complex

Hmmm….I thought they were actually bringing their $2 happy hour to these bars, but maybe it was just the initial party to celebrate the aquisition

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: