Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wood Co's SN Northstar Bldg New Aprtmnts now leasing

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Wood Co's SN Northstar Bldg New Aprtmnts now leasing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

goldenidea
    Participant
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Im sorry but in my opinion that is way too much for the Columbus market! Yes, they are very nice but far overpriced! I know there are people out there willing to pay the price though.

You are pretty much paying for the area. This is what 1200 can get you a few miles away in the up and coming neighborhood of Olde Towne.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/apa/3585411415.html

bucki12

^ You can actually find much better deals than that in Olde Towne.

Living in OTE cannot be compared to living in the heart of the SN. You are absolutely paying for location. That said, the Woods will soon be seeing some competition in the neighborhood and hopefully at lesser price points than that.

goldenidea
    Participant

My though is while it’s agruable that they overbuilt, it’s a small development in one of most attractive urban settings in all of the midwest. They’re offering top end condo level amenities with the convience and minimal risk that leasing affords. So I think they’ll lease it pretty easily. From what Wagnonbrenners stated recently, there’s very good demand for high-end urban apartments at the moment. We shall soon see.

goldenidea
    Participant

One more thought… If anyone knows the SN High Street rental market, it’s the Woods. They’ve been operating apartments in the Short North and on High Street since the day that Rigsby first opened.

bucki12

I am sure they have a niche of renters they have in mind, though I am surprised that niche reads craigslist. I am hoping that the Hubbard and WonderBread Lofts are a little more pocket book friendly to your typical YP millennial, but I am beginning to have my doubts.

peter
    Participant

Those rates are too high, but not by much. Fairly new 2br 2bath apartments with similar amenities go for roughly $1600 – $1700 in the Arena district, I would expect these units (with higher quality finishes and more desirable location) to go for around $2000 if I had to take a guess. A lot of it depends on the square footage and floorplans though, as well as the convenience/quantity of parking spots available.

[email protected]
    Participant

With those finishes and garage parking, I am sure the wood companies will have no issues leasing these units. It will be interesting to see the price range of some the other projects in the works, especially the hubbard and fireproof buildings.

popstardj3

Comparing to what rent is all over high street these are extremely overprice . This is not Chicago

lattethunder
    Participant

This don’t seem all that over priced to me. Apartments rates have risen somewhat dramatically all over and I don’t feel like 1200 is at all unreasonable for SN or VV.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stephen43215 said:
    You are pretty much paying for the area.

Yep. This is exactly in the middle of the heart of the Short North. Location, location, location. Premium pricing should be expected.

goldenidea said:
    One more thought… If anyone knows the SN High Street rental market, it’s the Woods. They’ve been operating apartments in the Short North and on High Street since the day that Rigsby first opened.

+1

They’re not exactly newcomers. ;)

NerosNeptune
    Participant

1200 for a 1 bedroom brand new, garage parking, high end finishes in the middle of the short north is nowhere near overpriced.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

It is by my standards..im not sure on the sf. of these apartments but im guessing they start out pretty small. My 1 bedroom in a prime area of Lincoln park Chicago was $1300 a month. It was 600 sf and pretty nice.

They do look very nice and its going to add more residents to the inner city of Columbus so thats a plus!

InnerCore
    Participant

Stephen43215 said:
    It is by my standards..im not sure on the sf. of these apartments but im guessing they start out pretty small. My 1 bedroom in a prime area of Lincoln park Chicago was $1300 a month. It was 600 sf and pretty nice.

They do look very nice and its going to add more residents to the inner city of Columbus so thats a plus!

I’m not sure why you’re comparing city to city. A 1 bedroom in my building in Brickell, a prime location in Miami is about $1850. And I paid $2200 a few years ago in Dupont Circle in DC. And neither unit had a gas range as nice as what’s in those pictures.

You’re talking about one of the best urban locations in Columbus with the best finishes. There is no way the same quality location and finishes in Chicago is anywhere near $1300.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stephen43215 said:
    My 1 bedroom in a prime area of Lincoln park Chicago was $1300 a month. It was 600 sf and pretty nice.

How long ago was that?

I ask because it sounds like the rental market has really jumped quite a bit all over the country in the past 24 months.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: