Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wonderland Columbus - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists Wonderland Columbus – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,499 total)
  • Author

myliftkk
    Participant

Gil Gettin’ RickTrolled

Gil Ligg

Umm…please show me the contradiction Walker. Wait, you can’t b/c there is none.

Maybe i should clarify. It is quite pretentious of any artist studio space to have a juried process to obtain a studio space. This is not NYC or LA, where there is a lot of tough competition. It would make sense in those cities, not Columbus. There competition here is weak, which means a juried process only serves to form a clique. 400WR does NOT have a juried process, which is cool. Junctionview did have one, which is not cool.

This has nothing to do with my previous comments about CBus needing a cultural resource center. It needs one, just not one that votes who can and cannot be a part of the clique that runs it.

Coy
    Participant

Dude… were you just driving down Parsons?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

You sure know a lot about the operational and admissions policies of these places for a hobbyist.

Twixlen
    Participant

Coy said:
    Dude… were you just driving down Parsons?

+1

chaptal
    Participant

This thread keeps making it’s own gravy.

dogfart
    Participant

does anybody know why this guys so mad

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

does it matter? please don’t feed the trolls.

dogfart
    Participant

im just trying to keep this thread on topic

MikeReed
    Participant

Actually, a juried process by professionals who are independent of the organization is best way to ensure a fair process based on the merits of applicant work. Key here are a) professional jurors and b) independent of the organization. Hopefully if Wonderland ever does become a reality and they do jury- they will go with a process consisting of those key elements.

I’m not sure what happened at Juntionview after I divested, but when I was involved there was no jury process. It was basically first come-first served. I think that kind of process works great in the beginning, but there eventually needs to be some kind of independent oversight in the awarding of studios once demand far exceeds supply.

Gil Ligg

Who said I was mad? I think this is all hilarious, especially since people think I’m some bitter dude named Chris. It’s not hard to find out admissions policies when they are stated directly on said websites.

MikeReed, you are correct in that it would be best for independent jurors, but I seriously doubt that would ever happen nor do I care.

myliftkk
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    nor do I care.

Do you care, don’t you care, maybe you care, maybe you’ll move?

Your opinions change faster than a GOP candidate on Telemundo.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    Who said I was mad? I think this is all hilarious, especially since people think I’m some bitter dude named Chris. It’s not hard to find out admissions policies when they are stated directly on said websites.

MikeReed, you are correct in that it would be best for independent jurors, but I seriously doubt that would ever happen nor do I care.

…and yet you continue to post.

MikeReed
    Participant

Clearly not everyone feels empowered or that they have the space/security to have a legitimate voice in the conversation occurring around the development of creative culture in Columbus. Some anonymity and this forum gives some people back a voice in the matter.

Does that make invalidate their opinions? I don’t think it does. It seems incredibly easy to all circle around and pick someone apart whose opinion or method for delivering those opinions is unpopular, inconsistent, or pessimistic. The harder path is to choose compassion and to listen when listening isn’t what we would really like to do.

Maybe the message is inconsistent and maybe not everyone agrees with the sentiment, but… It is fairly easy to gang up on someone and feel right or superior. I would rather not participate in that.

I would prefer to take the time to figure out the concern behind the comments and really dig in and have a conversation about it. Retorts picking apart the author are not at all useful- in fact way less useful than the comments that people seem to want to discredit or pick apart in the first place.

Whoever Gil is he clearly cares deeply (whether he will admit it or not)- and also doesn’t really feel like his voice matters at all. That sucks and it is exactly what I spent all of my time working against when I was involved at Junctionview and more so with the Arts in general.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Mike, scroll down a couple replies in this thread and I think you’ll get why people have little patience for “Gil”.

Spacejunk 2013 Reel

Viewing 15 posts - 1,456 through 1,470 (of 1,499 total)

The forum ‘Art & Artists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: