Messageboard - Art & Artists

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wonderland Columbus - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists Wonderland Columbus – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1,426 through 1,440 (of 1,499 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

SaraA said:
    Wonderland will go a long way in helping spur development in East Franklinton. City Council would be wise to grant this request and I am sure the mayor would be on board.

Franklinton will be the new jewel in Columbus!

Sure but let’s not discount all the hard work that has been occurring for almost 10 years in this part of neighborhood. I think wonderland could really make a big impact for development, particularly for that section of west broad street.

I hate to use the term crown jewel. Too refined for me. Maybe polished rhinestone? Idk

Gil Ligg

It’s quite sad that neither Wonderland nor 400WR is concerned with artist development and support.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    It’s quite sad that neither Wonderland nor 400WR is concerned with artist development and support.

Someday, someone will buy one of your paintings. Keep up the sad work!

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Oh lord… Enough already. Your just… sad.. Don’t you have a cota bus to manufacture?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillig_Corporation

geoyui
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:

News
    Participant

Wonderland Explores Relocation to Franklinton
    Published on March 18, 2013 3:50 pm
    By: Walker

The much-discussed Wonderland creative space project may soon be one step closer to finding a home. After ditching plans in 2011 to renovate the former Wonder Bread bakery building in Italian Village, Wonderland board members and staff have been working on a relocation plan.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/wonderland-explores-relocation-to-franklinton

Gil Ligg

I’m sad? Ha. No, what’s really sad is how so many “arts leaders” in this city settle for mediocrity. Why put forth the really hard work to do amazing things when you can settle for the status quo and coast by like a lazy hipster?

I’m not an artist, so I’m saying this from an objective perspective. Please stop assuming I say this out of bitterness.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:

I’m not an artist, so I’m saying this from an objective perspective. Please stop assuming I say this out of bitterness.

Not an artist? Are you kidding me? I pulled this from your thread titled “artist looking for studio space” why am I even bothering with you.. I guess I just can’t help myself.

Hi,
    I’m new to the area and am looking for studio space. So far all I’ve found is 400 Rich St, Junctionview, and Milo.

Are there any other places I should check out?

Thanks,
    Gil

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

lmao.

cue the queen song…

geoyui
    Participant

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Gil Ligg

I make art as a hobby, but I would never call myself an artist by any stretch of the imagination.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    I would never call myself an artist

So who is the artist in the title “Artist Looking for Studio Space”?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    I make art as a hobby, but I would never call myself an artist by any stretch of the imagination.

You should have written hobbyist looking for studio space lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,426 through 1,440 (of 1,499 total)

The forum ‘Art & Artists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: