Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wonderland Columbus - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists Wonderland Columbus – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,499 total)
  • Author

MikeReed
    Participant

It might be a good idea to video tape the presentation and post it on the web site. People might be interested who can’t come (home-bound afflicted types, the incarcerated, what-have-you).

Nothing gets people excited like video online!

agtw31

get an oven,ill bake some bread

MikeReed
    Participant

Make it white bread, yo!

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Congrats Adam & Co. for the great writeup in today’s Dispatch
    Full Story

For my money, Couchfire is one of the organizations most successfully helping Columbus reach its true potential as a city for the arts.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Hasn’t this been, like, right on the front page of CU for, like, ever?

Thory
    Participant

This thread started shortly before the feature story.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

greenhouse1014 wrote >>
    Hasn’t this been, like, right on the front page of CU for, like, ever?

It has been on the CU front page for a week, but it has only been in the Dispatch since today.

Also, I’ll assume I’m not the only person who routinely goes straight to the messageboard and skips the front page.

zooette

All I can say is that there better be plenty of free parking or low cost parking close to Wonderland, for the crowds it will generate. I live in the hood, have no off-street parking available to me, and am sick to death of having no place to park when there are festivals or events in the area because of all the people that flood in from all over who are too damn cheap to pay for parking or take the bus. I am all for the concept of Wonderland but I will not welcome the project if they don’t take the neighbors into consideration and provide parking so that people don’t take up the little bit of parking that on our side streets.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

zooette wrote >>
    All I can say is that there better be plenty of free parking or low cost parking close to Wonderland, for the crowds it will generate. I live in the hood, have no off-street parking available to me, and am sick to death of having no place to park when there are festivals or events in the area because of all the people that flood in from all over who are too damn cheap to pay for parking or take the bus. I am all for the concept of Wonderland but I will not welcome the project if they don’t take the neighbors into consideration and provide parking so that people don’t take up the little bit of parking that on our side streets.

Looking at Google maps and the Auditor’s site, there is some off street parking on the lot. Maybe you should consider going to the meetings or getting involved with the planners to help welcome it into the community and represent the neighborhood?

I’d also say that with the condo project across the street still in the works, there might be some option to see some parking built on their site or add a deck or two to create a mini-garage on the Wonderland site.

It’s permit parking between High and Summit in IV, not sure about between 4th and Summit. So if you don’t have a permit, you’ll get a $40 ticket for parking on the street. Something else to take into consideration if they’re expecting large crowds and little onsite parking.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Well, at least for now they can park East of 4th like they do for the Italian Fest. and there is a lot associated with Wonder, AFAIK, where the truck trailers used to park. and there is a lot just SW of John the Baptist church that could be arranged with the church on special occasions perhaps.

there is more than off street parking in the area.

alexbandar

Very excited by this project, and impressed with the people putting it together. Looking forward do the meeting next Friday!

artbomb112
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

Brant
    Participant

I stopped by JView around 6:45 and the place was packed. As in, they literally could not fit anyone else in the screening room. Based on the number of cars, it seemed almost like an Agora-sized crowd. There was some crowd overflow in the loading dock area, but it was freezing and I got impatient and so my friends and I reluctantly gave up and went to Graffiti Burger instead.

So for those who decided to stick it out, what happened? I’d love to know if the Powerpoint slides are posted online somewhere. The new website looks great.

thecandlelab
    Participant

There seemed to be a massive under-estimation of the interest level of this event. Given the buzz leading up to this, picking a room that held 100 people to showcase the event was truly an odd choice.

I was also stuck by the door and couldn’t see anything, except for the 100+ people who opened the door, saw the crowd jammed into the hallways of Junctionview outside the actual event, and just turned around and left. This is truly going to be an awesome project, but the launch event turned away more people than it let inside.

I would humbly suggest the organizers do this event again, but this time in a proper venue that is more appropriate. I didn’t see a single slide, but just the descriptions of each area and the possible areas of collaboration are very exciting.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,499 total)

The forum ‘Art & Artists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO