Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wonderland Columbus - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists Wonderland Columbus – News & Updates

Viewing 14 posts - 1,486 through 1,499 (of 1,499 total)
  • Author

Graybeak
    Participant

Oh boy, here we go…

Coy
    Participant

And there goes $50k of city taxpayer dollars down the drain… but let’s not report on how much it actually cost the taxpayers for a few arrogant members of the local arts scene to continue to try and resurrect a bad idea/pet project.

This is truly a farce.

joev
    Participant

“Hundreds of millions in additional remediation efforts down the road” – I certainly hope that’s a huge exaggeration.

joev
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coy said:
    And there goes $50k of city taxpayer dollars down the drain…

Aren’t Green Columbus Fund grants meant to go toward contamination studies and remediation projects? Either way, those issues are going to need to be resolved at that site, regardless of who redevelops it.

http://development.columbus.gov/directorsoffice/content.aspx?id=33512

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

joev said:
    “Hundreds of millions in additional remediation efforts down the road” – I certainly hope that’s a huge exaggeration.

That was a typo on my part. Fixed.

joev
    Participant

Oh, OK – Whew! I was worried about Chernobyl-level disasters at that site.

Coy
    Participant

Walker said:
    Aren’t Green Columbus Fund grants meant to go toward contamination studies and remediation projects? Either way, those issues are going to need to be resolved at that site, regardless of who redevelops it.

http://development.columbus.gov/directorsoffice/content.aspx?id=33512

I don’t believe that they ever had the capacity, manpower, money, intention, or expertise to clean up anything. This has been a lame attempt to save face by the leadership of WL, who hold several other key positions in the Columbus arts scene… and I’m not just talking about Adam here.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coy said:
    I don’t believe that they ever had the capacity, manpower, money, intention, or expertise to clean up anything. This has been a lame attempt to save face by the leadership of WL, who hold several other key positions in the Columbus arts scene… and I’m not just talking about Adam here.

Have you talked to any of them directly about any of your thoughts on this? (Apologies if you already said that you did before… I don’t have the whole 3 year thread memorized.)

Gil Ligg

Seriously, why would anyone take Adam Brouilette serious at this point? That dude is a joke and his art sucks.

Coy
    Participant

Walker said:
    Have you talked to any of them directly about any of your thoughts on this? (Apologies if you already said that you did before… I don’t have the whole 3 year thread memorized.)

I know more than I care to say, or can say, considering that I work in this industry, in this town… which is a whole other problem on it’s own.
    I’d rather more people paid attention and put two and two together themselves… the sketchy connections, poor management, and highly questionable funding issues are hiding in plain sight.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    Seriously, why would anyone take Adam Brouilette serious at this point? That dude is a joke and his art sucks.

(So does yours)

MikeReed
    Participant

I dropped by to see if there were any recent updates and it looks like the Wonderland Columbus site was taken down at some point. Anyone know anything about that?

wonderland homepage

Graybeak
    Participant

Well, they did just post something on their facebook page on June 1st of 2012.

Viewing 14 posts - 1,486 through 1,499 (of 1,499 total)

The forum ‘Art & Artists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: