Our City Online

Messageboard - Art & Artists

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wonderland Columbus - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Art & Artists Wonderland Columbus – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,499 total)
  • Author

Thory
    Participant

Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.wonderlandcolumbus.com/

I haven’t heard any buzz except that there is buzz.

Thory
    Participant

From their facebook page: “Housed in the former Wonder Bread factory, Wonderland will become a facility providing artists studios, shared coworking space, band rehearsal and recording space, and retail and more to the creative community of Columbus, OH.”

Tigertree

Follow the twitter @wonderlandcbus for more information and, of course, attend the launch party.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Thory wrote >>
    From their facebook page: “Housed in the former Wonder Bread factory, Wonderland will become a facility providing artists studios, shared coworking space, band rehearsal and recording space, and retail and more to the creative community of Columbus, OH.”

I heard some talk about this a few months ago. The fact that it’s public now could mean that they’re funded.

Anyway, it sounds cool.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Is this the new Junctionview space?

Tigertree

Adam Brouillette will be involved, and there will be artist studios.

MikeReed
    Participant

Sounds like a lot of potential to be a very cool spot. How’s parking over there?

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

MikeReed wrote >>
    Sounds like a lot of potential to be a very cool spot.

+1

Tigertree

@MikeReed, Not sure of the exact number of spaces that will be offered but there is a lot on the property. There is also hope that the city will convert 4th St. in proximity to the building to metered parking.

MikeReed
    Participant

A 2-way conversion would ultimately help in that, though I don’t know where that issue stands currently for 4th and Summit. Projects like this surely can help make the case for that continued effort- being 2 way and speed controlled, with the addition of meters, would make the area more walkable and livable in general.

I wondered because at a really huge event like Agora the whole neighborhood over in Grandview would get parked up to the hilt. It is amazing how many cars 2000 people bring with them. Wonder how that will go.

A very exciting prospect from the Arts & related commerce. Looks like a mountain of work, for sure, but fun work to be doing with the right team and a reasonable plan. Good luck.

Mercurius
    Participant

Oh, that is really near my home and I would love something like Junctionview over there! Please, please oh pretty please don’t turn that building into boring condos. Count me in.

Tigertree

@Mercurius, Don’t worry, no one funds condos right now.
    @Mikereed, yes a conversion would be a big help. Not sure how feasible it is immediately for 4th, but Warren seems possible (as it is only one way for a little bit anyway) and would make it easier to get from the freeway to the main lot.

labi
    Participant

Jeffrey Place “development” = more parking than an event could ever use

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

This sounds mindblowingly exciting right now.

I “wonder” if they will keep the neon sign, make it say Wonder City, or maybe even rearrange the current letters into an amusing anagram??

Here’s some fun ones…

RAWBONED RED
    BEAR DROWNED
    BRAWN ERODED
    BRA WONDERED
    DEAD BROWNER
    DANDER BOWER
    WARDED BONER
    BRAND REDO WE

cyclist II
    Participant

labi wrote >>
    Jeffrey Place “development” = more parking than an event could ever use

+1 those new streets provided an abundance of free parking at the Italian Festival.

Wonderland is the name of a neighborhood just NE of Port Columbus wedged between the Jack Nicholas Freeway and Hamilton Rd.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,499 total)

The forum ‘Art & Artists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO