Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wonder Bread Lofts / Cray Eatery & Drinkery

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Wonder Bread Lofts / Cray Eatery & Drinkery

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Participant

there is a sign on the door where the restaurant is supposed to be in the WBL announcing that a business it will open in Q1 of 2014 – it looks like it will be a bakery (no joke i swear).I forget the name right now, but it starts with a C.

very nice add for the community! i don’t know how to posts pictures on here, but maybe someone in the neighborhood can swing by and take a picture of they flyer. or walker if you want i can email you a copy if you want.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sure, email it my way. We’re already talking to the owner of the new business, so we should have a story up next week. ;)

viciouslove1980
    Participant

If you’re talking about Cray here’s the Facebook page. My friend is the owner and she’s been putting photos up of the construction.
    https://www.facebook.com/comegetcray

louisvillesmuggler
    Participant

Relocating from Toledo to Columbus this winter What is this area like? Are there any groceries or shops around it?

dru
    Participant

louisvillesmuggler said:
    Relocating from Toledo to Columbus this winter What is this area like? Are there any groceries or shops around it?

depends on how you define “around”. the immediate strip along 4th does have a few good bars with a couple of restaurants on the way. but there is no shopping or groceries right there. 3 blocks west you’re at High Street in the SN, shops abound. groceries you’re looking at about a 1/2m – mile to either the Giant Eagle on Neil or the Hills market downtown.

groundrules
    Participant

News
    Participant

Cray Eatery & Drinkery Coming to Wonder Bread Building in Italian Village
    Published on October 31, 2013 7:50 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

If you’ve lived or worked anywhere near Downtown Columbus, then you’re probably familiar with the iconic Wonder Bread Building. Located at 697 North Fourth Street in Italian Village, the bakery ceased operations in 2009 and stood vacant until developer Kevin Lykens converted most of the 70,000 square-feet space into the new Wonder Bread Lofts.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/cray-eatery-drinkery-coming-to-wonder-bread-building-in-italian-village-aw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Update to Cray via FB:

Look at that ceiling coming along

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via FB:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

At Home: Experiencing Loft Living
    June 1, 2014 2:15 pm — Anne Evans

At some point, Aaron and Erika Cash knew they wanted to give living in a loft space a try. They had gotten married, and had moved everything into Aaron’s home in Victorian Village. At 1,622 square-feet, the home was a bit large for the two of them and their pets, so they decided to check out their options.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/at-home-experiencing-loft-living

News
    Participant

First Look: Cray Eatery & Drinkery
    August 6, 2014 7:20 am – Ayana Wilson

What do infused liquors and gourmet sliders have in common? Outside of the fact that they are both artisan products, they’re also the calling card of Cray Eatery & Drinkery, which opened yesterday at 697 North Fourth Street.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-cray-eatery-drinkery-aw1

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Looks good.

but that name though…

and that #papyrusfail

drew
    Participant

I’ll be curious to try it, but it seems like a thin menu. I get why food trucks may focus on sliders, but typically I’d expect a much wider variety of more substantial options from a sit-down space of such square footage.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

This isn’t to single out Cray specifically, but I’m really over interior designers going with science lab chic in restaurants. Please don’t expect me to sit and have a drink or four on a metal stool with no back. That look works for a place like 16-Bit because the expectation is that you’re up and moving about from game to game, but if I’m really meant to sit down with friends and have a bite I’d like to sit comfortably for longer than thirty minutes.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

This isn’t to single out Cray specifically, but I’m really over interior designers going with science lab chic in restaurants. Please don’t expect me to sit and have a drink or four on a metal stool with no back. That look works for a place like 16-Bit because the expectation is that you’re up and moving about from game to game, but if I’m really meant to sit down with friends and have a bite I’d like to sit comfortably for longer than thirty minutes.

Agreed. Those metalic ass-platforms look specifically designed to prevent people from wanting to stay and drink.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: