Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wonder Bread Lofts / Cray Eatery & Drinkery

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Wonder Bread Lofts / Cray Eatery & Drinkery

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author

Mercurius
    Participant

leftovers said:
    does “venue” mean ‘bar/restaurant’?

It looks that way.

Quote:
    IT IS ESTIMATED THAT THE FOLLOWING APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE HEARD BEFORE 7:00 P.M.
    6. 11-10-14
    697 North Fourth Street
    Kevin Lykens (Applicant/Owner)

An application, site plan, and drawings have been submitted.
    Exterior Alterations
    • Fencing on west and north elevations.
    • Replace glass block with anodized aluminum industrial style windows.
    • Open previously closed windows and install new windows.
    • Install entry awnings.
    • Install a gated entry
    • Install additional window and door openings.
    • Signage change from Wonderland to a new name.
    Change of Use
    • Change of use from M – Manufacturing to Residential/Commercial
    • To include 39 one bedroom and 18 two bedroom apartments and restaurant and reception hall venue space.
    Parking Variance for Minimum Required Spaces
    • Proposed site plan to provide seventy-one (71) onsite parking spaces, including three (3) ADA spaces and one (1)
    loading dock.
    • Loading zones to be eliminated on Warren and Fourth streets, providing additional on street parking.
    • Some curb cuts on Warren Street are being eliminated providing additional on street parking.

leftovers

Thanks Mercurious!

I think that some nightlife in this little corner would be a nice addition to IV.

lisathewaitress
    Participant

Signage change from Wonderland to a new name.

no. no no no no no. that’s my second favorite sign in the city! can we move it somewhere?

cbus11

lisathewaitress said:

Signage change from Wonderland to a new name.

no. no no no no no. that’s my second favorite sign in the city! can we move it somewhere?

The big sign says ‘wonderbread’. I am hoping they are referring to something the wonderland folks may have put up around the building. It would be really disappointing if they messed with that iconic sign.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I see the Fireproof building is getting a makeover as well.

cbus11

jpizzow said:
    I see the Fireproof building is getting a makeover as well.

Yes, that probably deserves a thread of its own.

mbeaumont
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the Wonder Bread sign is registered as historic and cannot be taken down. I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s accurate.

patient_zero
    Participant

They better not mess with that sign! They wouldn’t mess with it, would they?

Columbus Food Adventures van in front of the Wonder Bread sign

Mercurius
    Participant

Life is Only What You Conjure, Wonder Bread[/url]

It’s the Real McCoy, Wonder Bread[/url]

Taz Devil
    Participant

Here we go. Another redevelopment where the locals will get f*cked on parking. Like it isn’t bad enough already. Half the sh*t around there hasn’t sold anyway. Hopefully will help with the crime.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Taz Devil said:
    Another redevelopment where the locals will get f*cked on parking.

The proposal calls for 71 on-site parking spaces for this project. Is that not enough?

Also, if this is a residential building, and people who live there are “locals” then how exactly are locals getting fucked?

Taz Devil said:
    Half the sh*t around there hasn’t sold anyway.

Citation? Link? Source?

Taz Devil
    Participant

If I recall correctly the Kramer Building and maybe the Jeffrey Building were originally thought to be condo material in whole or part but that didn’t materialize as I understand it, and they became apartments. In fact, didn’t the Kramer even go Section 8? That was the rumour at the time. There is nothing wrong with development, but that is not enough parking. If there is a “venue” and if all the spaces are sold, I just don’t understand how they plan to squeeze all of this in. More power to them, but I don’t get it. Tonight will tell.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oh, by “not sold” I thought you meant “sitting empty”. Switching from condo to apartments is something that a lot of developers had to do in response to the economy, which I don’t really see as a bad thing at all.

As far as parking goes, I thought that The Kramer had their own garage spaces for residents.

As far as condos at Wonderbread… might as well see what the development looks like before considering it inadequate in advance, right?

columbusmike
    Participant

mbeaumont said:
    I’m pretty sure the Wonder Bread sign is registered as historic and cannot be taken down. I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure that’s accurate.

Just because it’s on the historic register (not even sure if it is) doesn’t mean it can’t be demolished. Any private developer/person can take it down. It just means you can’t use federal funds to do so.

labi
    Participant

columbusmike said:
    Just because it’s on the historic register (not even sure if it is) doesn’t mean it can’t be demolished. Any private developer/person can take it down. It just means you can’t use federal funds to do so.

If a building is on the City of Columbus Historic Register, it can’t be torn down without permission from the Historic Resources Commission. I don’t know how things work with signs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: