Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

E.J.Thomas Building Redevelopment in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development E.J.Thomas Building Redevelopment in Italian Village

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Wonder Bread Lofts developer buys industrial site in Italian Village
    Brian R. Ball
    Columbus Business First
    Apr 18, 2014, 12:43pm

Short North developer Kevin Lykens hopes to redevelop another industrial property in Italian Village.

Lykens bought the property at 174 Detroit Ave. in February for $200,000 but has yet to decide whether to redevelop it for residential or office space.

“I’m not sure what direction I’ll take it,” he told me.

Much of that decision rests upon the results of a planned environmental assessment of the site, which for the last 50 or 60 years had served as a distribution point for dry-cleaning supplies. The 25,000-square-foot property, whose oldest portion dates back to 1900 to 1910, also once produced candy.

READ MORE:http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2014/04/wonder-bread-lofts-developer-buys-industrial-site.html

mbeaumont
    Participant

The building has a lot of potential. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing it as an office building. But I suppose I would be fine with either, or even mixed use. More good momentum for the neighborhood.

News
    Participant

Four-Unit Townhome Approved for Detroit Avenue
    March 19, 2015 9:37 am – Walker Evans

At this week’s busy Italian Village Commission, one smaller development was approved after multiple previous rounds of architectural revisions and redesigns. A four-story townhome building developed by Lykens Companies is slated to fill in an empty lot on Detroit Avenue, behind the St. James Tavern. The development will directly face another from Lykens right across the street with the renovation and expansion of the former E.J. Thomas building into 31 apartment units.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/four-unit-townhome-approved-for-detroit-avenue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION