Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wolf’s Ridge Brewing - New Downtown Brewpub

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Wolf’s Ridge Brewing – New Downtown Brewpub

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The only other father-son brewing team I can think of was the defunct Miami Trail Brewing Co., but I can’t find anything connecting it to the name Szuter.

Angelo, one article said their brewmaster was Steve Bettes, is he on your radar?

They had some nice beers, especially the Red Ale. I would love to see that recipe revived somewhere.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nope, don’t know him, but we have one of Miami Trail’s kegs gathering dust in our cellar.

Bob Szuter
    Bob Szuter
    Participant

Thank you all for the great comments; we’re very excited to be joining the Columbus brewing community. We hope to live up to the expectations! By the way, not poaching, just trying to meet the local brewers ;)

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Welcome to the board!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

0Angle said:
    Nope, don’t know him, but we have one of Miami Trail’s kegs gathering dust in our cellar.

Linda and I had a pair of their growlers, but they may be Lost in the Mists of Time by now. They might still turn up somewhere.

I also have a longsleeve shirt with the logo, and the guy on the pedal-powered railcar – but this version has a barrel of beer on the back of the railcar, like he’s ready to negotiate for right of way.

News
    Participant

Wolf’s Ridge Brewing Still Working on Downtown Taproom
    July 7, 2014 7:30 am – Emma Surber

Since we first heard about the possibility of Wolf’s Ridge Brewing building a taproom in a space near the rear of their building, we couldn’t wait to know what was happening next. Alan Szuter, co-owner of Wolf’s Ridge gave a little insight as to what the next steps are for remodeling the space, currently used as a garage, into the Szuter family’s dream of a successful, operating taproom.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/wolfs-ridge-brewing-still-working-on-downtown-taproom-es1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Popped in here for lunch last week and had a pretty amazing Banh Mi sandwich. Worth checking out if you need a fix and are hunting for lunch Downtown. :D

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Popped in here for lunch last week and had a pretty amazing Banh Mi sandwich. Worth checking out if you need a fix and are hunting for lunch Downtown. :D

I think this is the best restaurant in Columbus. I know that’s a lofty review. The menu isn’t fancy. It’s just unbelievably good food.

News
    Participant

First Look: Wolf’s Ridge Brewing Tap Room
    January 23, 2015 9:30 am – Rebecca Wagner

Wolf’s Ridge Brewing Company has unveiled their long awaited tap room to the public. The Downtown brewery, which opened in 2013, has been planning and reconstructing the tap room since just two months after the front of house opened. It sits at the back of their downtown building, on the corner between Lazelle and Hickory.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-wolfs-ridge-brewing-tap-room-rw1

News
    Participant

Wolf’s Ridge Brewing Increasing Production, Adding Taproom Kitchen
    November 30, 2015 2:38 pm – Rebecca Wagner

Wolf’s Ridge Brewing is gearing up to welcome two significant business expansions. Come December, the brewery will be gaining three new floor-to-ceiling fermenters. The fermenters will be installed on the left wall of Wolf Ridge’s sizable taproom, in full view of customers. Production will triple, increasing from 1,000 barrels per year to 3,000. This increase will lead to more distribution of their bottled beer across central Ohio. Driftwood Session IPA and Clear Sky Cream Ale are the first two brews that will be available.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/wolfs-ridge-brewing-expansion-rw1

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE