Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Wolf's Ridge Brewing

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Wolf's Ridge Brewing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

mbeaumont
    Participant

I just got a tour of the facility today and wow, was I impressed. These guys are really doing it right.

They’ve done a first-class job with the space and considering the look at the menu I saw, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the food is going to be up to snuff as well.

As for the beer, we’ll have to wait and see, but they certainly appear as if they know their stuff. I belive they’re going to start brewing today.

They talked to me about some additional plans they have for the building for the near future as well and if everything they’re looking to do comes to fruition, I think this is going to be a real destination brewpub.

They’re planning on serving morning coffee and breakfast service as well and they’re working with some great local partners for that.

Very exciting!

heresthecasey
    Participant

Sounds great, can’t wait to check it out! Should really help to liven up that part of downtown.

groundrules
    Participant

Gil called, said this place is never gonna make it.

chaptal
    Participant

groundrules said:
    Gil called, said this place is never gonna make it.

He’s done the Ligg work already?

News
    Participant

First Look: Wolf’s Ridge Brewing
    Published on September 25, 2013 2:30 pm
    By: Walker

Downtown Columbus will gain both a new microbrewery and a new restaurant this Friday evening, and it’s all located under one roof. Wolf’s Ridge Brewing will open their doors at 215 North Fourth Street for dinner at 5pm this Friday, again at 5pm on Saturday, and for brunch at 10am on Sunday before switching to regular ongoing hours on Monday. While the basement brewery is now up and running, the house-made beers won’t be done fermenting for consumption until next week. If you plan on stopping by this weekend to check out the food, we’ve got some preview photos below for a first look at what you can expect.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-wolfs-ridge-brewing

placebohigh
    Participant

Did anyone check this place out over this opening weekend?

I did and WOW, get there right away. It’s seriously fantastic.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via FB:

Ladies & gentlemen, we proudly present to you WRB’s first beer! Named after a late-night brewing session, our 3 a.m. IPA is the culmination of a big dream and a lot of passion. Come grab a pint or growler today!

groundrules
    Participant

You guys.

this place is awesome.

don’t wait.

brunch.

mbeaumont
    Participant

I had a fantastic lunch there on Thursday (duck confit tacos). Going back tomorrow. Food is great, atmosphere is great, and now they’ve got an IPA.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We stopped in late last night to check it out. Great space and an impressive menu (we only had the Frog Legs and a side of cole slaw as a late night snack). Will certainly be back for brunch sometime soon.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

groundrules said:
    You guys.

this place is awesome.

don’t wait.

brunch.

What did you get? That eggs benedict on the menu sounds just kind of stupid delicious.

groundrules
    Participant

osulew said:
    What did you get? That eggs benedict on the menu sounds just kind of stupid delicious.

good coffee, great mimosa, sausage gravy & biscuit, and of course donuts.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I went as part of the Columbus brew tour on saturday. Cool place, but definitely more of a restaurant vibe then a brew pub. The IPA we tasted was way different and worth going to check out if you’re a beer geek.

building looks great.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

vestanpance said:
    The IPA we tasted was way different and worth going to check out if you’re a beer geek.

Different how? I probably can’t get there for another week or so. I need to live vicariously through you all. :)

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

osulew said:
    Different how? I probably can’t get there for another week or so. I need to live vicariously through you all. :)

hoppy, but funky/earthy also. Not a typical IPA. Or not a typical one that I drink anyway.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: