Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

(Chicken)Wings Downtown

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining (Chicken)Wings Downtown

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

lifeliberty
    Participant

And by downtown I mean downtown area for lunch, not Roosters in GV.

The best I’ve has so far is from http://www.undergroundcafe.biz/index.htm The Rhodes Tower Basement

They are fried nice and crispy. But they don’t put sauce on them. They have hot sauce you can put on them at the counter, but nothing like smothered wings which is what I usually prefer.

Does anyone else have wing suggestions within 1 to 2 blocks of the Statehouse?

misskitty
    Participant

When I want good wings I usually go to The Elevator. They are big and meaty lol

cc

I have always liked Barley’s wings. They used to not be fried. It is pretty close to downtown. 467 North High.

Roland
    Participant

cc wrote >>
    I have always liked Barley’s wings. They used to not be fried. It is pretty close to downtown. 467 North High.

+1 on Barleys. Currently my favorite wing in town.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

lifeliberty wrote >>
    Does anyone else have wing suggestions within 1 to 2 blocks of the Statehouse?

This is a little outside your zone, but still applicable for office workers on the northern end of Downtown…

A friend of mine swears that the jumbo wings with Szechuan sauce at the Flatiron are the best in town:

http://flatironcolumbus.com/menu_appetizer.html

DavidF
    Participant

Second the vote for Flatiron.

AmyJ
    Participant

Mmm Flatiron.

Raoul Duke
    Participant

Another thumbs up for Flatirons Szechuan wings (not your usual wings, more of a chili oil kick, $5 during happy hour). The pulled pork sandwich is excellent too, Carolina style with slaw & vinegar sauce.

Mung Dal

I just ate some wings at a North Market “Happy Hour”.
    I do not know who made them. The meaty wings themselves were outstanding and perfectly cooked. They could of stood alone without sauce and easily would be the best wing anywhere. I must find out who made them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE