Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jim Tressel - NCAA Violations / Suspension / Resignation

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Jim Tressel – NCAA Violations / Suspension / Resignation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 324 total)
  • Author

Coy
    Participant

Givin’ the Dispatch comments section a run for their money…. no?

lakeerietransplant
    Participant

Coy wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >>
    [quote]Zack Meisel said he’s received e-mail stating “… When I see you on campus, I’ll beat you up.”[/quote]
    Unless Zack was threatened by a 9 year old, I’m not buying it.

IDK… this is just one post from some idiot on The Lantern’s Facebook page:
    “[i]The Lantern are not buckeyes,Just a greedy prick Paper looking for some attention and Pub. So Lame! I could see if the information came to you…But you seeked it out like a gossip hungry teenage girl on her period. How could you even say ” the feeling on campus is that it would all just stop”, yet you and your shitty paper are trying your best to add fuel to the fire! You are supposed to be The Students Voice, so instead of assisting in tearing down the Football program even further,try finding some positive stories about players who are doing great things for their community and with their lives. You guys remind me of some tackhead teenage broads with tissue stuffed in their bra’s. I hope and wish all the worst for you and whoever else assited you in your so called “Story”. -Straghit Bitch Move-[/i]”

This annoys me. What’s the fricken point of a newspaper but to report dishonesty and stupidity of those that think they are above the law? The blame belongs to the players and Tressel, not the paper or Yahoo! Sports. Give me a break.

cbus11

I am always dubious of semi-anonymous internet based comments and emails. The source could be anything from a drunk frat guy on his 12th PBR to someone who is starved to get some attention.

I know a lot of people who fit in different categories at OSU and I would say the common feeling has been simply disappointment. I think that if there is a mob, it is of head shakers, not torch bearers.

Tenzo
    Participant

[quote]I could see if the information came to you…But you seeked it out [/quote]

Written by an irate Dispatch editor?

Campbell
    Blocked

Tenzo wrote >>
    [quote]I could see if the information came to you…But you seeked it out [/quote]
    Written by an irate Dispatch editor?

LOL- Precisely!

Core_Models

bjones7
    Participant

Terrelle Pryor is leaving OSU! Who’s next?

Core_Models

Campbell
    Blocked

“For Smith, the Cadillac is part of his deal. He earns $800,000 a year and his contract requires a free car for him and his wife.”

This turd needs to be fired. $800,000/yr, and not only a car for him, but his goddamn wife? I can only imagine the other shit these scumbags are pulling. A big “fuck you” to Gene Smith is in order I do believe.

bman
    Participant

Campbell wrote >>
    “For Smith, the Cadillac is part of his deal. He earns $800,000 a year and his contract requires a free car for him and his wife.”
    This turd needs to be fired. $800,000/yr, and not only a car for him, but his goddamn wife? I can only imagine the other shit these scumbags are pulling. A big “fuck you” to Gene Smith is in order I do believe.

Then it would take $900,000 a year in salary to keep his talent!

Core_Models

I was less worried about Smith, it was in his contract to get a car, but the top compliance officer trading football tickets for a car seemed awfully shady.

Campbell
    Blocked

Oh, I completely agree about the compliance officer, I guess I was just going off on a tangent re: Smith….I don’t see the point of a car for him OR his wife…it’s not like he has a sales job covering a large territory or anything like that. I am just upset at the sense of entitlement that someone like him and his wife must surely have.

And the top compliance officer trading football tickets for a car is just ridiculous to the point that I have lost the tiny shred of confidence I had left in the university’s athletic program as a whole. Talk about a sinking ship. Will be interesting to see if Gee will eventually step down due in some part to all of this.

deraj1013
    Participant

[i]From the Dispatch…[/i]

[b]Ohio State vacates wins from 2010 football season, places program on probation[/b]

[i]by Randy Ludlow[/i]

Ohio State University is wiping its stellar 2010 football season from the record books as self-imposed punishment for major NCAA violations, sources told [i]The Dispatch[/i].

[url=http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/07/08/0708-ohio-state-pleads-case-to-ncaa.html]Read more[/url]

and…

[b]Ohio State waives fine, instead will pay Tressel $52,250[/b]

[i]by Encarnita Pyle[/i]

Former Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel will receive more than $52,000 from the university and won’t have to pay a $250,000 fine for his involvement in a scandal that has tarnished the school’s athletics program, sources familiar with the settlement told [i]The Dispatch[/i].

[url=http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/07/08/0708-ohio-state-tressel.html]Read more[/url]

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 324 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.