Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Jim Tressel - NCAA Violations / Suspension / Resignation

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Jim Tressel – NCAA Violations / Suspension / Resignation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 324 total)
  • Author

Neil Jaye

In the light of an upcoming group of high profile suspensions, a major recruit with legal problems and the newest allegations that Coach Tressel may have been privy to the problems with memorabilia selling and withheld the information from the school (a dismissible offense), do you think that OSU football may be the latest elite football program to be rocked by a scandal and years of penalties and rebuilding? It is not looking to be a pleasant 2011 Football season for the Buckeyes.

I was just wondering what the rest of you thought and get your feedback and opinions.

Antonio

Neil Jaye wrote >>
    In the light of an upcoming group of high profile suspensions, a major recruit with legal problems and the newest allegations that Coach Tressel may have been privy to the problems with memorabilia selling and withheld the information from the school (a dismissible offense), do you think that OSU football may be the latest elite football program to be rocked by a scandal and years of penalties and rebuilding? It is not looking to be a pleasant 2011 Football season for the Buckeyes.
    I was just wondering what the rest of you thought and get your feedback and opinions.

It’s possible.

Yahoo Sports was the driving force in the investigation of Reggie Bush and Southern Cal.

Core_Models

I think Tress will admit he was notified…and there will also be a chain of plausible deniability established that means he isn’t responsible after that.

Schoolboy
    Participant

not until they find serious amounts of cash being paid to the star athletes. this was serious, but not even close to what was going on at usc.

really i doubt that if osu wasn’t always under pretty tight scrutiny that they would have found out about this at all.

Antonio
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Hire Cooper back, voila.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I think he’s busy advertising for dentists or something…

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Antonio wrote >>
    If Tressel misled the NCAA he is finished.
    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2011/03/yahoo_report_claims_jim_tresse.html

Yay for fear mongering!!!

(rolls eyes)

He’s hardly finished. Bruce Pearl straight up lied to NCAA investigators faces and isn’t “finished”.

I think there is a lot of overreacting going on at the moment and a lot of the dust will settle after the press conference tonight.

Antonio

Mister Shifter wrote >>

Antonio wrote >>
    If Tressel misled the NCAA he is finished.
    http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2011/03/yahoo_report_claims_jim_tresse.html

Yay for fear mongering!!!
    (rolls eyes)
    He’s hardly finished. Bruce Pearl straight up lied to NCAA investigators faces and isn’t “finished”.
    I think there is a lot of overreacting going on at the moment and a lot of the dust will settle after the press conference tonight.

The Pearl matter isn’t over yet as far as the NCAA is concerned.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/24015/so-what-now-will-bruce-pearl-survive

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

You should post something that isn’t a link.

Antonio

Snarf wrote >>

Peole want proof, otherwise it’s a lie.

Look Snarf…no link

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I just think he’s suggesting that you give your own opinion for once instead of linking to someone else’s.

Brant
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>

At least he’s citing stuff.

BCNation
    Participant

Tressel is to OSU as to what Richard Nixon was to the White House. It’s not like Tressel will say “I’m not a crook.”

You won’t be hearing about OSU football for years to come, regardless. The NCAA should give OSU the death penalty, even if that means not playing for 2-3 years, like SMU in the late ’80s, to teach Ohio State a lesson that cheaters never win.

Antonio

BCNation wrote >>
    Tressel is to OSU as to what Richard Nixon was to the White House. It’s not like Tressel will say “I’m not a crook.”
    You won’t be hearing about OSU football for years to come, regardless. The NCAA should give OSU the death penalty, even if that means not playing for 2-3 years, like SMU in the late ’80s, to teach Ohio State a lesson that cheaters never win.

That’s quite harsh.

I don’t think a team will ever get the death penalty again like SMU got slapped with.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 324 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: