Our City Online

Messageboard - Nightlife

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Why I might someday go to Sloopy's... we'll see

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Nightlife Why I might someday go to Sloopy’s… we’ll see

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 316 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

drew wrote >>
    Oh, the memories…

“nobody tries to run over my boys!”
    -Mama Bear at Pro Tow.

shmack

anyone know if the sloopy’s here is related to the sloopy’s in dayton?

Sloopy’s Morphing Into Tiki Bar in Dayton’s Daily News

scarletandgrey
    Participant

I wonder who owns the lot? I see that they are charging $10.00 for game-day parking to use their lot.

kitty

shmack wrote >>
    anyone know if the sloopy’s here is related to the sloopy’s in dayton?
    Sloopy’s Morphing Into Tiki Bar in Dayton’s Daily News

Not related. Sloopy’s was the dance club in the Oregon District. Been around for as long as I can remember growing up there.

deputy dog

Similar experience with Camcar tow company 9:30 pm weekday. Cost $48 cash to drop car.

cyclist II
    Participant

The doorman at KOBO said Sloopy’s is planning on re-opening with a “different atmosphere”

Cookie

deputy dog wrote >>
    Similar experience with Camcar tow company 9:30 pm weekday.

Except there are signs at both entrances to the lot now.

deputy dog

to locate owner go to Franklin County Auditor and from there to Property Search by Address and type in 2619 N High St

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I know this is an old thread and it appears that circumstances have changed. But, there are regulations concerning signs and visibility. I know. I’ve seen defense attorneys litigate that issue.

As for the story that started this thread, I would not cry if I read a news story that the two men waiting at the lot became crime victims. The worse the crime, the better.

Bear
    Participant

Bear said:
    I told myself that the first time I drove past and saw a “Private Parking” sign right at the entrance of the lot, I’d pull in, walk into the bar and order a drink.

nexttuesday
    Participant

Whaaaaat…I guess this thread has come full circle.

Rocknrolloutlaws
    Participant

nexttuesday said:
    Whaaaaat…I guess this thread has come full circle.

More than full circle. It’s now Ace of Cups, a bar/venue that will, by all accounts, be an awesome addition to the area and Columbus generally.

Ace of Cups
    More from Donewaiting[/url]

So it’s probably time to finally put this thread to rest. The connection with the shady operations of the past couldn’t be more completely severed. :)

drew
    Participant

Oh, sweet sweet karma – Camcar and Shamrock sued for overcharging.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/08/29/towing-lawsuit.html

bucki12

drew said:
    Oh, sweet sweet karma – Camcar and Shamrock sued for overcharging.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/08/29/towing-lawsuit.html

When I went to collect my car they said they only take cash and do not make change. Basically if you don’t have the exact amount they keep the overage.

dicks

Pablo
    Participant

bucki12 said:
    dicks

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 316 total)

The forum ‘Nightlife’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE