Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Why Do You Love Urban Living?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Why Do You Love Urban Living?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

WHY I CHOOSE URBAN OVER RURAL LIVING

I often get asked why I love living in downtown Toronto so much. Sitting in bias, I always want to chuckle and respond with “why would you want to live anywhere else?” but as an urban planner and a generally understanding and open-minded human being, I try to respond with the least bias possible.

READ MORE: http://mycityspot.wordpress.com/2014/05/13/why-i-choose-urban-over-rural-living/

Achekov
    Participant

I like being able to walk to places to do stuff. Also, I like being able to get a cab home sometimes without spending a fortune after celebrating with co-workers or friends.

Pablo
    Participant

I love those semi-detached homes (we call them doubles) in Toronto. Each half is separately owned so the owner can do whatever they like to the exterior. My cousin lives in one just off of Danforth and his side is totally different from his neighbor’s. That’s one of the reasons I like urban living – less cookie cutter buildings. I also love the energy, walkability and activity. Although I don’t live in a true urban area (I live in South Clintonville) the density is enough to make things interesting for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: