Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Who's Going to Win the Election?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Who's Going to Win the Election?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    Walkers packs up CU and manages the site from Canada.

Canada Underground … still works.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

groundrules said:
    Yeah, there’s a large part of this state that is Santorum country.

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/06/148098633/ohio-primary-map-county-by-county-live-vote

“Large” from a geographical sense… but not from a population sense. I believe around 80% of Ohioans live in the largest metro areas.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bjones7 said:
    Walkers packs up CU and manages the site from Canada.

Heh. I’ve never been one to really threaten to pack up and move. Bush, Taft, Strickland, Obama, Kasich… it doesn’t really matter who’s in charge of the country or state because Columbus will continue to be awesome regardless. ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Walker said:
    Heh. I’ve never been one to really threaten to pack up and move. Bush, Taft, Strickland, Obama, Kasich… it doesn’t really matter who’s in charge of the country or state because Columbus will continue to be awesome regardless. ;)

Mayor Josh Mandel?

turnedNOTburned
    Participant

More fuel to the fire :). http://www.colleyrankings.com/election2012/

I’d like to say “Obama” but, it’d be self serving. For the sake of argument, lets say Obama does take it. What’s the point spread? I say narrow, popular vote, 3 percent if that.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coremodels said:
    Mayor Josh Mandel?

Notice I said “it doesn’t really matter who’s in charge of the country or state“? Who’s in charge of the city certainly matters on local issues. ;)

Cookie

Walker said:
    According to five thirty eight, Obama has over a 91% chance of winning. Think this will be as accurate as it was four years ago?

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com

Is Nate Silver a witch?[/url]

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    Mayor Josh Mandel?

I had hoped to see his concession speech, but fell asleep.

The comments on this Cleveland Dealer article publishing his relatives open letters are hilarious!

i.e. I’ve been out for 37 years and I know gayface when I see it. Hello, Josh.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

His Facebook page was some of the best reading ever last night, forget who pointed me in that direction. The speech wasn’t particularly memorable, but there was one strange riff where he seemed to be saying he was happy he wasn’t going to be killed for losing an election like they do in the Middle East and Africa.

surber17
    Participant

Snarf said:
    I had hoped to see his concession speech, but fell asleep.

The comments on this Cleveland Dealer article publishing his relatives open letters are hilarious!

i.e. I’ve been out for 37 years and I know gayface when I see it. Hello, Josh.

I’ve never disliked a candidate more than Josh Mandel. The guy has no place in public office.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

surber17 said:
    I’ve never disliked a candidate more than Josh Mandel. The guy has no place in public office.

But he’s a marine! lol.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Once again, as it has done every year since 2003, the Debowy and Schulman election prediction algorithm predicted this election as soon as Romney (in this case) announced his VP choice.

This simple formula has predicted, or in the case of historical results, modeled, every presidential election in US history without fail. The math is very easy and anyone can do it.

the august 2012 paper http://is.gd/6HIxI1
    the original 2003 paper http://is.gd/Tul5oE

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Also, according to this algorithm, the Obama Biden ticket has a total “electability score” of 36. A republican ticket would have to beat that score to win the election.

The Romney/Ryan ticket had a score of -52
    A Romney/Portman ticket would have had a score of -164 so you can stop wondering what would have happened if portman was the VP choice.

:)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    Also, according to this algorithm, the Obama Biden ticket has a total “electability score” of 36. A republican ticket would have to beat that score to win the election.

The Romney/Ryan ticket had a score of -52
    A Romney/Portman ticket would have had a score of -164 so you can stop wondering what would have happened if portman was the VP choice.

:)

Had Natalie ran I would have voted for her over and over again.

SusanB
    Participant

You know Natalie is a vegan and most likely very liberal, right?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!