Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Shannon Hardin Appointed to Columbus City Council

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Shannon Hardin Appointed to Columbus City Council

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

If the FBI doesn’t monitor local online discussions about their investigations, they aren’t doing their job. I don’t think we need to worry about them doing TOO LITTLE snooping. If you really want all the facts to come out, you wouldn’t be so sensitive about possible leads being brought forward. Also consider that some people may know more about a particular situation than you do.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

“I wonder if there’s a connection between her knowing a great deal and her son being appointed to Council. Another quid pro quo, perhaps? Wouldn’t put it past them given what we’ve been learning lately.”

Isn’t posting “facts” or “leads”.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

If the FBI doesn’t monitor local online discussions about their investigations, they aren’t doing their job.

If the FBI is investigating every random anonymous rumor or conspiracy theory posted online, then they’re doing a very poor job of their jobs.

I don’t think we need to worry about them doing TOO LITTLE snooping. If you really want all the facts to come out, you wouldn’t be so sensitive about possible leads being brought forward. Also consider that some people may know more about a particular situation than you do.

I’m not worried about anything. My concern is that you’re detracting from the actual investigation by trying to stir up rumors in every single discussion topic across the entire local political spectrum.

If you shout that the sky is falling long enough, people will start rolling their eyes at you. It’s getting a bit ridiculous.

Roll your eyes if you wish. When these stories first broke, a lot of people used to drinking the mayor’s cool aid rolled their eyes and said that he couldn’t have done anything illegal. Many of them have become quieter with each new revelation. Only time will tell if my thoughts are on point or I’m Chicken Little. We’ll have to wait and see. By the way, there have been posts and PMs in support of my posts, so perhaps there’s not as much eye rolling as you would have people believe.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Roll your eyes if you wish. When these stories first broke, a lot of people used to drinking the mayor’s cool aid rolled their eyes and said that he couldn’t have done anything illegal. Many of them have become quieter with each new revelation. Only time will tell if my thoughts are on point or I’m Chicken Little. We’ll have to wait and see. By the way, there have been posts and PMs in support of my posts, so perhaps there’s not as much eye rolling as you would have people believe.

I’m suspicious of anyone who arrives here flogging any one issue. I don’t know who you are, but I trust you a hell of a lot less than I trust Mayor Coleman.

To be frank, he could have taken the city for a cool million, and it still wouldn’t half pay for the way he transformed this place from being the middle of nowhere to being the middle of somewhere.

Chris Sunami:You essentially said (1) that you don’t trust me even though you don’t know me and (2) that you believe that corruption in public office is excusabe under some circumstances. The first is the essence of stereotyping and the second is just plain absurd.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE