Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Shannon Hardin Appointed to Columbus City Council

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Shannon Hardin Appointed to Columbus City Council

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

If the sitting members of City Council continue with the recent trend of selecting replacement candidates that match the same gender/ethnicity of who they’re replacing, then it sounds like the next council member could be narrowed down to Ragland, Hardin, McElroy or Noble.

Given that the Mayor already stated a preference for Hardin, I think its safe to say that he would be a frontrunnrer: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/05/29/coleman-likes-aide-for-city-council-seat.html.

Interestingly he would be the first gay male member of council.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Dispatch is reporting today that it’s essentially a three-way toss up between Hardin, Coe and Kilgore.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Well, Hardin is it. A single nomination, and unanimous confirmation without discussion of the next crony by the entirely appointed Columbus City Council. Exactly as the Dispatch called it way back in May. The entire “public application process” was a sham, as expected, and the fix was in from the start.

On a side note, opening council meetings with an uber-religious prayer as they currently do seems highly inappropriate to me both in theory and practice.

James Ragland
    Participant

Congratulations to Shannon Hardin and the rest of the applicants for the open City Council position. I look forward to our future in Columbus.

News
    Participant

Shannon Hardin Selected to Join Columbus City Council
    October 6, 2014 8:28 pm – Walker Evans

The sitting members of Columbus City Council announced tonight that they have hand selected Shannon Hardin to join their ranks in a replacement seat recently vacated by the resignation of A. Troy Miller. The announcement came following a two-round process where 27 applicants were whittled down to 12 finalists who were interviewed last week in advance of tonight’s decision.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/shannon-hardin-selected-to-join-columbus-city-council

News
    Participant

Interview: Newest City Councilman Shannon Hardin
    October 16, 2014 10:51 am – Jesse Bethea

Last week, Columbus City Council appointed Shannon Granville Hardin to fill the seat left by outgoing council member A. Troy Miller. Before his appointment to Council, Hardin served as a member of Mayor Michael Coleman’s administration for a number of years and was selected as a council member from a pool of 27 candidates.

Councilman Hardin was kind enough to call in for a lengthy conversation on what he hopes to accomplish during his time in office and his vision for the city’s immediate future.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/interview-newest-city-councilman-shannon-hardin-jb1

heresthecasey
    Participant

Honestly, he sounds like yet another empty suit full of boilerplate generalities beholden to Andy Ginther and the existing political establishment.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Our masters have selected a new member to join the ruling elite.

News
    Participant

Mr. Hardin’s mother is the retired long-time executive assistant to Mayor Coleman. Some of the email messages now in the FBIs posession were from or to her, so they’ll definitely want to talk to her. I wonder if there’s a connection between her knowing a great deal and her son being appointed to Council. Another quid pro quo, perhaps? Wouldn’t put it past them given what we’ve been learning lately.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I think it would behoove you or anyone else to withhold hurling out would-be-quid pro quos without any indication whatsoever that such a quid pro quo in fact happened.

No need to make a bad situation worse through your schadenfreude’s fantasizing.

MichaelC: Just asking in hopes that the FBI might look into it. That would be OK with you, wouldn’t it? The mayor says he wants all the facts to be known; me too. Corruption investigations don’t begin with proof, but with questions worth looking into. I think this is one of those. If you disagree, I respect that and would never be so arrogant to tell you what would behoove you to do. This is the USA where people have the right to question their leaders, not Stalinist USSR. I posed a question and reserve my right to do so.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

MichaelC: Just asking in hopes that the FBI might look into it.

You should probably contact the FBI directly. Posting here in hopes that they see it seems like a weird roundabout way to go about it.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Discouraged Democrat wrote:</div>
    MichaelC: Just asking in hopes that the FBI might look into it.

You should probably contact the FBI directly. Posting here in hopes that they see it seems like a weird roundabout way to go about it.

Don’t most FBI investigations start on the C/U Message board?

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The mayor says he wants all the facts to be known; me too.

I would absolutely like all the facts known. In the meantime, I would like serious people to investigate and ask the necessary questions.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE