Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Who has the best buns in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Who has the best buns in Columbus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

I’m talking about the kind that you can slide a frankfurter between. I would like to make some coney dogs and I don’t know where to start for the bread. I want something that can stand up to being toasted/grilled and wont come apart when you put the meat in.

Thank you Columbus foodies!

Bristol Bar

Am I the only one cracking up at this? Something that will hold up to your meat?

CheeseFoodie
    Participant

Must admit, I just stopped giggling! That said, have you tried Auddino’s?

http://www.myitalianbakery.com/

All of their bread is very good, although I haven’t specifically sought out buns for my wienie… sorry, just too easy!

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Yeah Roland likes nice firm buns.

drew
    Participant

Yeah, I got a chuckle, too, but knowing Ro, I think he probably is serious about finding a good hotdog bun.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

I was wondering how long it would take for this one to hit the gutter…

garlic bread is always a nice option

Bristol Bar

Looks like exactly 9 minutes.

Roland
    Participant

hehe. All fun aside. I am serious about finding them. :)

Split top bun. “English” style. Something like this.

blammo
    Participant

I suspect your best option may even be something that didn’t start out as a hot dog bun.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

English style?! About as English as English muffins. People don’t eat hot dogs in England. They eat Sausages (aka bangers)

Cookie

Bear
    Participant

What is the deal with those damn split-top buns, anyway? I never saw them before I came to the Midwest. They seem awkward and they break easily… are people just too damn lazy to make real hot dog buns or something?

CheeseFoodie
    Participant

The split-top buns originated in New England and work great for lobster rolls, clam rolls, etc. Just not sure they’re the best fit for a hot dog…

Bear
    Participant

CheeseFoodie wrote >>
    The split-top buns originated in New England and work great for lobster rolls, clam rolls, etc. Just not sure they’re the best fit for a hot dog…

Actually, come to think of it, I did see them for lobster rolls there… just don’t remember them with hot dogs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: