Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

White Castle Slider Italiano Fest

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining White Castle Slider Italiano Fest

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

A White Castle rep dropped off a crave case this morning at our office, which included a trio of new sandwiches that they’re currently promoting for their Italiano Fest. I tried all three and they tasted ok, though they had to be reheated in the microwave at lunch time since they got dropped off at 9:30am and immediately went into the fridge.

Anyone try these out yet?

http://www.whitecastle.com/promotions/ItalianFest

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Walker too good for 9am White Castles? Psh.

Based on the pictures, I’d eat all 3.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

did the chicken have 5 little holes punched through it? ;)

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

You don’t usually see breaded “grilled” chicken.

White Castle gets my vote as the fast food place with the greatest discrepancy between how the food looks in the ads and what you actually get. Did you happen to take any IRL shots?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ha! Perhaps if I hadn’t had breakfast 30 minutes prior. ;)

did the chicken have 5 little holes punched through it? ;)

Nope! I’ve had the regular chicken sandwiches there before and they’re free from the hole puncher.

Did you happen to take any IRL shots?

I did not, but I still could. There’s like 20 left in the fridge. ;)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Total elitist.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Total elitist.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I can’t speak to these, but the sriracha chicken sammiches they had a while back were outstanding.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Well, the general verdict in the office at the end of the day was that they were pretty tasty overall.

And the rest of them went to the Faith Mission Women’s Shelter on the way home. ;)

geoyui
    Participant

A White Castle rep dropped off a crave case this morning at our office, which included a trio of new sandwiches that they’re currently promoting for their Italiano Fest.

Geez Walker, a bit too much corporate cheerleading from CU is going on. BUY LOCAL!!! ;)

But about a week and half ago I had their crispy chicken italiano and their sriracha sliders. The chicken slider was ok, nothing special. The sriracha was disappointingly weak when it comes to being anything remotely hot. Their jalapeno sliders (my favorite) brought more heat.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Geez Walker, a bit too much corporate cheerleading from CU is going on. BUY LOCAL!!! ;)

But… White Castle *is* local! ;)

Either way, we didn’t buy anything. They dropped them off without notice. Not a good day for it either, as several of our staff took the day off, so they missed out. ;)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: