Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

White Castle Closing Clintonville / North Campus Location

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion White Castle Closing Clintonville / North Campus Location

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Porky
    Porky
    Participant

It sure did.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

hmmmm, i think its the happy/mad greek folks out east on livingston. wonder if they have dibs on the n high location.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Elizabeth Lessner:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I noticed that yesterday when I went to the Giant Bear next door. The property owner should try to get a refund from National Rent a Fence… What an eyesore!

cyclist II
    Participant

reno

pspock
    Participant

0Angle wrote >>
    I noticed that yesterday when I went to the Giant Bear next door. The property owner should try to get a refund from National Rent a Fence… What an eyesore!

White Castle is the property owner.

Anonymous
    Inactive

pspock wrote >>

0Angle wrote >>

White Castle is the property owner.

Maybe they could surround it with a “White Moat” filled with “Albino Alligators”

tolemac5050
    Participant

maybe graffiti burger is moving

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

tolemac5050 wrote >>

ha!

hivner1

I don’t typically wish for businesses to close unless they are causing social harm. But now that White Castle is closed along with its Tanning Booth neighbor, I honestly wish the whole block (Tim Hortons, Goodwill, Post Office, China Buffet) would be razed and redone. For such a dynamic neighborhood, its supposed “gateway” is a terrible eyesore. Looks like a failed suburb.

This is also my least favorite spot in the area when commuting to campus via bike: people going northbound seem so ‘liberated’ to be free of their one lane and really kick it into gear after Arcadia during rush hour, people travelling south are really itching to get onto 315 via North St/Dodridge and this tends to be a ‘right-hook’ hotspot from my experience. I get more car horns here than anywhere else.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

The Rally Burger at Bethel and Sawmill has been deteriorating for a long time, and now it’s half-razed – they tore the drive-through off but the rest of the building is still up (or was, last time I went by).

Along Henderson, that Benchmark/Max & Irma’s building is due to come down in the next few months.

Anonymous
    Inactive

tolemac5050 wrote >>

Maybe NEW competition; Tag Burger!

pspock
    Participant

hivner1 wrote >>
    I don’t typically wish for businesses to close unless they are causing social harm. But now that White Castle is closed along with its Tanning Booth neighbor, I honestly wish the whole block (Tim Hortons, Goodwill, Post Office, China Buffet) would be razed and redone. For such a dynamic neighborhood, its supposed “gateway” is a terrible eyesore. Looks like a failed suburb.

Go up the hill on Arcadia and turn right down any street of your choice, and look around.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

pspock wrote >>

hivner1 wrote >>

Go up the hill on Arcadia and turn right down any street of your choice, and look around.

I don’t get it?

hivner1

Chris Sherman wrote >>

pspock wrote >>

hivner1 wrote >>

I don’t get it?

Neither do I. To clarify, I was referring to the ugly ‘shopping center’ with the huge parking lot, and the defunct White Castle and Tan Pro. It was a long way of saying that I wish someone would come in and get that area rezoned and redeveloped so that there is better cohesion between Old North and South Clintonville. Just an early morning rant.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.