Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

White Castle Breakfast

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining White Castle Breakfast

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

GCrites80s
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

alexs said:
    I don’t know if you can put a phone on a tripod, probably not.

1. They do make tripods specifically for camera phones.

Miriam Bowers Abbott said:Walker keeps having to rescue/edit the photos of chocolate I send; they all look like turds.

2. I did my best, but it does still kinda look a little like poo. ;) I’m surprised no one said anything, even on FB about that. ;)

Unusual Eats: Chocolate for the New Year’s Resolution

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oh, and….

3. Miriam — You made this person upset:

http://discerningcbus.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-angry-baker.html

sickntwisted
    Participant

i went once to WC breakfast and shant be returning. The sandwich on the left in your photo says it all. yuck.

But she used my term “fatcicle”, so the blogger can’t be all bad.

And we all know I have an affinity for low-brow food. I’m not sure my *local* donut-bacon-cheeseburger joy is going to go over any better over there.

As a Slyder consumer since they were $0.05 apiece, I appreciate the fact that the item remains the same. Breakfast was added decades ago. I’ve tried them and think they’re good. But, now I’m on a Paleo eating regimen: Meats/eggs (i.e., protein) for all three meals, with veggies and fruit. No grains, no dairy, no beans or legumes. I’d be fascinated if a fast food/diner ever adjusted to serve this growing sector of Paleo imbibers. I can’t fathom what a slyder would be like w/o the bun (would I even recognize it?), but I could eat the burger, onions, and dill pickle; no worries.
    Please ignore my assigned avatar; I’m trying to get it replaced.

It’s not fast-food, but my Paleo friends rave about Tasi (Short North). Good luck with your avatar!

myliftkk
    Participant

Miriam Bowers Abbott said:
    That steady-hand thing is killer. I’m not afraid to ask a stupid question: what sort of camera does an “accidental photographer” put on top of that? I’m thinking my iphone would look sorta odd.

iPhone Tripod Attachments

Not saying you should, but they make tons of iPhone tripod setups and attachments nowadays.

myliftkk
    Participant

Jerry Baritone said:
    As a Slyder consumer since they were $0.05 apiece, I appreciate the fact that the item remains the same. Breakfast was added decades ago. I’ve tried them and think they’re good. But, now I’m on a Paleo eating regimen: Meats/eggs (i.e., protein) for all three meals, with veggies and fruit. No grains, no dairy, no beans or legumes. I’d be fascinated if a fast food/diner ever adjusted to serve this growing sector of Paleo imbibers. I can’t fathom what a slyder would be like w/o the bun (would I even recognize it?), but I could eat the burger, onions, and dill pickle; no worries.
    Please ignore my assigned avatar; I’m trying to get it replaced.

Pretty sure In n Out has a secret menu item just for you.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

How nice! Miriam wrote up the White Castle breakfast sandwich last week and they dropped off a crave case of them this morning at our office as a thank you!

Miriam – Please report to the office to pick up at least 10 of these things. ;)

Aw, bless ’em. That is A. Lot. of eggs right there. I’m trying to imagine it cold . . .

GCrites80s
    Participant

Booo-ya!

Looks like this whole “web site” thing is starting to pay off.

News
    Participant

White Castle joins the all-day breakfast brigade
    9/3/2015 – BY MONICA WATROUS

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A day after McDonald’s announced a similar initiative, White Castle on Sept. 2 said it will begin offering breakfast all day at its more than 390 restaurants starting Sept. 10. The chain also will add Belgian waffle sliders, previously a limited-time offering, to its permanent menu. Other breakfast items include toast sandwiches, breakfast sliders, hash browns, French toast sticks, oatmeal and fruit smoothies.

READ MORE: http://www.meatpoultry.com/articles/news_home/Trends/2015/09/White_Castle_joins_the_all_day.aspx?ID=%7BC665446B-3902-4519-9738-CEE02E8F5F5C%7D

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE